My damn factory alarm...

Cya

Aug 12, 2005
Columbia, S.C>
shaeff said:
unless it changed on later models, resetting the ECU is done by pulling the 15A EFI fuse in the engine bay fuse box... and the car wont run without it...

-shaeff

well, the same issue were talking about now happened to me and a read my haynes manual and tried this fuse and before my car went down i was riding trouble free (alarm wise). I put the fuse back in thinking that i had reset the ecu, well i give you one guess what happened, and it didnt include my car starting.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
if your car wont start, it has nothing do do with the memory in the ECU. you've got other problems... start by checking your diagnostic trouble codes.

-shaeff

JWold

Jan 25, 2012
Columbus, Indiana
Can I just cut the blue with orange wire and ground it? or do I have to take out the whole computer? Mine seems to have a lot of wires, almost like half the car was wired to it.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
And from out of left field, another zombie thread!

Last post was nearly 6 years sir. Just poking a bit of fun at ya, welcome to SM though. There are a number of sensors that relate to the factory alarm, so the amount of wiring involved doesn't surprise me.

Tonk

Oct 19, 2011
Sultan, WA
JWold;1799851 said:
Can I just cut the blue with orange wire and ground it? or do I have to take out the whole computer? Mine seems to have a lot of wires, almost like half the car was wired to it.

I had to do the same thing a couple days ago. I just unplugged the harness from the alarm box, cut the blue/orange wire, leaving a couple inches from the plug and then just grounded it. Left the alarm box there.

destrux

May 19, 2010
PA
I like the alarm. It saves me $10 a month on car insurance and prevents dirtbags from breaking my windows to rifle through my glovebox. Dirtbags avoid blinking red lights.

Usually they stop working because either the key sensor breaks off the back of the lock tumbler or because the plug about 2ft down that wire is corroded inside (toyota didn't see fit to use a sealed plug, so it's very prone to corrosion, and this was what was causing my alarm to go off randomly when I would open the car).

booboy522

Mar 19, 2010
California
I just did this and took off my factory alarm box! Difference is I put a push button switch between the Ground and the Blue/Orange wire! INSTANT KILL SWITCH!! Thanks Guys!! :D

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
I like my factory alarm. Works just like it's supposed to and works great with my Viper alarm as well. The viper alarm disarms and arms the factory alarm at the same time. So for anyone to actually steal my car they need to disarm BOTH alarms which would never happen unless they spent some serious time with it. Definitely not as simple as cutting a couple exposed wires.

I can picture somebody breaking in, disabling one alarm and thinking, "Ok, that's it, i got it, lets go! Wait, why is there another alarm still going off?! It still won't start!"

thenderson2011

Feb 11, 2012
Caney, Kansas
Tonk;1800229 said:
I had to do the same thing a couple days ago. I just unplugged the harness from the alarm box, cut the blue/orange wire, leaving a couple inches from the plug and then just grounded it. Left the alarm box there.

When you did this, did you leave the harness unplugged? Or do you plug it back in with the blue/orange wire? Sorry if that's a dumb question, but would rather ask a stupid one then not ask one and fuck something up lol.

7Mk3

Apr 15, 2009
Waimanalo, Hawaii
IHI-RHC7;154816 said:
Easiest way to groung the wire is to jumper pin 5 to pin 13 on the theft comp connector A. This makes for a clean delete, and if you ever wanted to return the car to a stock (functioning...) alar, you just remove the jumper and plug in the theft deterrent computer.
Page_125.gif

As you can see in the next pic, the computer supplies the ground to the starter relay via pin 13. The hard ground for the computer is pin 5, jumper the two and the car will always start.
Page_122.gif

Try it and all of your woes will be gone.

Sorry to bring this back from the dead. But, I think I'm having trouble with the factory alarm. There's a HKS turbo timer installed and I think an aftermarket Clifford alarm but the wires are cut in the engine bay. It doesn't wanna start most of the time. I have to let it rest for about 30 min then it will start. So, I think it has something to do with the factory alarm. I tried the locking and unlocking from both doors. I want to temporarily disable the factory alarm. So, when I jump pin 5 to pin 13 on the harness that goes to the theft deterrent computer do I plug it back in or do I just leave it unplug? thanks in advance.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
You unplug stock alarm box and ground blue with orange stripe. Wire.

Sounds more like the starter signal wire is going out. Can do the relay mod.

SC61 MK3

Apr 4, 2005
FL
booboy522;1815646 said:
I just did this and took off my factory alarm box! Difference is I put a push button switch between the Ground and the Blue/Orange wire! INSTANT KILL SWITCH!! Thanks Guys!! :D

this is actually pretty clever.

atmperformance

Sep 17, 2013
San jose
way to bump an old thread, I had my alarm go off for the first time ever a few days ago, the car wouldn't start but disconnecting the battery seemed to reset the system.

supranewbie

Mar 23, 2011
46°47.0'N 120°09.0'W
nitroneon85;2027670 said:
Too bad mine doesnt have a blue and orange wire. Im having this bullshit supra issue now as well. Biggest POS ive ever owned

They're actually pretty damn good cars, considering their age and all the hokey shit done to them by their POS owners. The issues are pretty minor. They just become major when lazy, cheap and/or ill-informed wannabe mechanics try to fix them. This is just my well-informed opinion. You, of course, are free to feel however you like.
You ever consider selling the piece of shit?