My Car vs Audi R8

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Greetings all,

I semi-recently brought you a race between my car and a 2009 Porsche 997. No video for that one as my GoPro decided to take the day off... :(

Next up is my car against an Audi R8 (V8 Version).

Here are the specs on the R8:
V8 - 420hp/317tq
Automatic
AWD
3500-3600lbs
Dyno #'s - 338whp/275wtq

Here's an R8 dyno pull for reference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaKVHIqEVWs

My car:
Typical 7M Build (550's, wally, etc...)
Maft Pro - Speed Density
JT62 Turbo
Estimated Power - 380whp/360wtq (pump gas)
3500lbs

This is supposed to happen this Saturday morning. I did not set this up so I have no idea on details regarding 'from a roll' or ' from a dig'.

Should this go down, it will be interesting.

91Supra313

Jul 30, 2009
Clarksville TN
Well good luck but I don't really think you will be needing it. Unless Helen Keller is driving that R8.....Your going to be left behind on this one.....way behind. I have seen these in Germany..... On the Autobahn..... Don't waste your time. Much faster then they sound even by spec sheets. Still best of luck to you.

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Win... Lose... Doesn't really matter. Merely having the opportunity to run one of these is what impresses me. :)

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
Actually from a 50-60 roll I think Kenny stands a decent chance, remember this isn't the big 5.2 but the baby version of it with the same engine as the audi rs4. From a dead stop though.. that audi r8 with launch control plus the automatic.. could be a bit of a slaughter. Good luck to you though Kenny I'll be keeping track of this one because this match up is normally only on games..

Also looking at the car a little further, the numbers it puts up are really not that impressive for a 'super car' with a 1/4 of 12.5 and a 0-120 of 14.9 so I wouldn't be surprised if the match was closer than most would think..

Last edited:

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Wish I got to play with cars like this. To even be given the opportunity, THAT is the cool part, win, lose, or draw. I would LOVE if something that exotic even gave my car the time of day. :)

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
You got us all hot and bothered with the race against the 997 that didn't happen. Now we're getting moist with this race. I hope it happens. I'm afraid he's not gonna want to run and possibly lose against your car, so he may back out just like the porsche owner. Especially if you're getting this on vid. You didn't happen to tell him how much power you're putting down did you?

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
The Porsche race did happen, it was just slightly delayed. ;) That was a raw deal though. He pulled a "No call, No show" with his 996; but, came through once he traded that in on the 997.

The owner of the R8 and I have not spoken. This was setup through an acquaintance/friend. I'm pretty sure they don't know the details of my car.

This all started when the R8 showed up at my work on Monday. We were all oogling over it and I made the statement "Man I'd like to run that thing" and it all went downhill from there... :)

91Supra313

Jul 30, 2009
Clarksville TN
Let's put it this way, if you beat him, then I apologize for my statement earlier in the thread. However......if you lose ( which as a Supra owner myself, I hope you smoke his ass so bad ) all I can say is I told ya so. But someone else said it perfect......Just to be able to go against a car like that is impressive! I have been fortunate enough to get my ass handed to me by a Nissan GT-R here in Murfreesboro TN. He had Cali plates and left me behind.....FAST!

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
91Supra313;1765391 said:
Let's put it this way, if you beat him, then I apologize for my statement earlier in the thread. However......if you lose ( which as a Supra owner myself, I hope you smoke his ass so bad ) all I can say is I told ya so. But someone else said it perfect......Just to be able to go against a car like that is impressive! I have been fortunate enough to get my ass handed to me by a Nissan GT-R here in Murfreesboro TN. He had Cali plates and left me behind.....FAST!

No worries bro. I'm not in it to win. I will however drive like I am! ;)

GrimJack;1765402 said:
Last time I ran a GTR he was seriously shocked. :)

One day I'll be there Dave. One day... :)

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
GrimJack;1765440 said:
You can sit on the passenger side of mine anytime. Bring your own depends!

I'll take you up on that one of these days. :)

mk3_7m;1765461 said:
All i can say is best wishes and good luck to you. Drive safely, don't crash and make us proud :D

I will do my best! ;)

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
GrimJack;1765402 said:
Last time I ran a GTR he was seriously shocked. :)

I would love to see the look on a GTR's owner's face once we get things ironed out with my car next year... there are a couple of them lurking around the area, so I might get that chance. :)

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
I just spoke with both the guy who set this thing up and the owner. We confirmed everything for tomorrow morning at 9am. We’re going to have breakfast and then head out for a pleasurable comparison of vehicles.

This means that I’ll be tuning in the meth tonight. He he...