My black widebody MKIII with 2JZ-GTE and V-160

TMMCSupra

Oct 2, 2010
Waterloo, Ontario
Amazing build! It's inspired me to do something similar. The rear inners and lips need a bit of work so I wanted to do a wide body as well. I'm curious as to how he did the inners. Do you have any pictures? I know it's a strange request. I'm not going as wide as yours, but I like the look. Again, nice job.

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Turbo Skegget;1915045 said:
@Grandavi: Thanks! Well the door molding almost had to go. When widening the rear and doors so much, none of the OEM moldings fit anymore. Me myself I dont really like the moldings ;)

Its definitely sleeker looking and I understand how you kinda have no choice, but it looks more like a SuperSupra now.. lol. It just progressed far past what Toyota intended... :)

Turbo Skegget

Jul 27, 2005
Norrtelje
Innerfender

p1923955_1.jpg

Turbo Skegget

Jul 27, 2005
Norrtelje
This thing with a own house and garage seemed very nice but now I understand its just another black hole to throw money into... but soon I will start with the Supra again... I hope ;)

@Lithium14: Any particular pics?

Turbo Skegget

Jul 27, 2005
Norrtelje
Sorry no updates. Been working on my new garage the whole summer. The speedo was kind of straight forward wiring wise. The tricky part was to solder the plastic in the housings together and make a custom plate with the numbers on.

clutch

Jan 13, 2011
Bettingen, Germany
Just found this thread and have to say love the build process!

I do have 1 question for you. As I was reading through this I noticed that you had a fibreglass top. Was wanting to know if you have noticed any difference with it installed as far as body twisting and cornering as I am looking for a way to lighten mine up. And I was just worried that with a aftermarket one if that would be a big difference on it or has there been any damamge to yours yet while it has been in. Just wandering as I am wanting to change out my top to something lighter and also wanting to go with carbon fibre doors. So all the info that you can give on your top is greatly appreciated. Also will be in Germany with mine next year and plan on hitting up a quite few car shows over there throughout Europe and up your way so hope I get to see this one in the flesh!

Turbo Skegget

Jul 27, 2005
Norrtelje
Thx!

I havn´t driven the car with the fibreglass top yet, but I really doubt that I will have any flex issues since I have a full rollcage in the car. I wouldn´t recommend installing a lightweight top without reinforceing the cars structure. If you come to Sweden I will be happy to show you my car :)

clutch

Jan 13, 2011
Bettingen, Germany
Turbo Skegget;1965972 said:
Thx!

I havn´t driven the car with the fibreglass top yet, but I really doubt that I will have any flex issues since I have a full rollcage in the car. I wouldn´t recommend installing a lightweight top without reinforceing the cars structure. If you come to Sweden I will be happy to show you my car :)

Thanks for the info I honestly did not see the roll cage in any of the pictures. So that would help out alot with being able to use a lighter top. I may look into installing a roll cage but it is not at the top of my list right now. And I am going to hold you to that!

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
My son-in-law is Swedish.. have been meeting a lot of Swedes lately. Excellent people.

I have had to drink a lot of Baska Droppar whenever I visit them... its an acquired taste... skoʊl!