my 89 supra build body, paint, mech, interior!!!

Slow_Sc3

I beat bikes dude
Apr 2, 2005
Maryland
got this 89 supra on a trade
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

got hit on the drivers door waiting for my new door to come in the mail then it will be installed.
sm_photo_missing.jpg

started the body work
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

shaved the rear radio antenna and rear wiper arm
sm_photo_missing.jpg

shaved the front badge
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

slowly cleaning up the ghetto fab 1jz
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Lowering spring and driver door are in the mail someplace, car already has tokico blue shocks. I got a gal of candy apple red with metallic should be here tomorrow.

Slow_Sc3

I beat bikes dude
Apr 2, 2005
Maryland
Bigzavs;1449093 said:
are those couplers just clamped to the stock i/c hosing? or is there something underneath

i did state that it was ghetto fab lol the owner before me did that i already ordered the correct couplers.

Slow_Sc3

I beat bikes dude
Apr 2, 2005
Maryland
Mk3Tmoney;1449241 said:
how much more body work needs to be done?

not much just cleaning up the parts that i shaved off and the driver door.

did a little work to the car today

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

got the paint today woot!!! whats on the stick is a single layer nothing added and no clear and its dry.
sm_photo_missing.jpg

also whats the best way to go about in fixing this
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Slow_Sc3

I beat bikes dude
Apr 2, 2005
Maryland
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

to make my life a little bit easier i just bought a carbon fiber hood rofl one less huge section to worry about.

Slow_Sc3

I beat bikes dude
Apr 2, 2005
Maryland
modmonster2008;1450533 said:
HAH! used the same paint i did, ordered online? candy apple red haha nice choice!
heres mine as a reference on the outcome...

prep/paint/finish it right and the results are outstanding! good luck

nice how is it holding up?

i sent it back and got the same color but with metallic in it looks nice tho.

modmonster2008

mod crazy yo!
Sep 9, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.myspace.com
its holdin up pretty nice, been sitting outside thru a bunch of storms including high winds, rain, thunder, hail, show haha, and nothing shows on the surface yet, just paint at the right temp and at least 3-4 coats and you should be fine!

Slow_Sc3

I beat bikes dude
Apr 2, 2005
Maryland
modmonster2008;1450561 said:
its holdin up pretty nice, been sitting outside thru a bunch of storms including high winds, rain, thunder, hail, show haha, and nothing shows on the surface yet, just paint at the right temp and at least 3-4 coats and you should be fine!

what temp did you use?

modmonster2008

mod crazy yo!
Sep 9, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.myspace.com
i painted during the summer around maybe 75*F do a test piece first, to see how fast the paint dries, because it tends to dry too fast causing it to have uneven surface, you want to have each coat still tacky when applying another coat so that it comes out even in the end, but i highly recommend doing a test piece first just to confirm the dry time, are you doing base/clear or single stage?

Slow_Sc3

I beat bikes dude
Apr 2, 2005
Maryland
modmonster2008;1450668 said:
i painted during the summer around maybe 75*F do a test piece first, to see how fast the paint dries, because it tends to dry too fast causing it to have uneven surface, you want to have each coat still tacky when applying another coat so that it comes out even in the end, but i highly recommend doing a test piece first just to confirm the dry time, are you doing base/clear or single stage?

im thinking like 3-5 coats and then a layer or two of clear. im going to put the paint on thin with like a 50/50 mixture of paint/ thiner.

how does that sound?

Txsupra

Professional Driver
Aug 23, 2008
Texas
I would read up on that particular paint. A 50/50 mix seems a bit thin. The manufacture has a mixing guide Im sure. If not talk to a local paint shop and ask what they recommend for your specific location, Temp, Humidity...

modmonster2008

mod crazy yo!
Sep 9, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.myspace.com
thats too thin for sure, i recommend going at least 3 coats of basecoat, and at least 3-4 coats of clearcoat to get that shine like OEM. then wait at least a full week before you start wetsanding the car, wetsanding a bit too early can cause a part of the paint to come off, which is not a good idea at all, just wait for it to cure :)

Slow_Sc3

I beat bikes dude
Apr 2, 2005
Maryland
Txsupra;1450685 said:
I would read up on that particular paint. A 50/50 mix seems a bit thin. The manufacture has a mixing guide Im sure. If not talk to a local paint shop and ask what they recommend for your specific location, Temp, Humidity...
ok will do tomorrow thanks. im just reading what i find one google lol

modmonster2008;1450703 said:
thats too thin for sure, i recommend going at least 3 coats of basecoat, and at least 3-4 coats of clearcoat to get that shine like OEM. then wait at least a full week before you start wetsanding the car, wetsanding a bit too early can cause a part of the paint to come off, which is not a good idea at all, just wait for it to cure :)

cool i can wait a week ill need to take a vacation after all this sanding lol.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

the black paint is from where i fixed some rust that was starting and someone was nice enough to smash the door in by the handle :: angry ::

sm_photo_missing.jpg