My '89 Dark Blue Turbo Collision Repair Project (Unplanned..)

Not knowing the condition of the frame, would you personally:

• Part the car out (30K on built 7m, seamless r154, etc.)

Votes: 13 24.5%
  • Sell the car in current condition

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Make this a long-term collision repair project (my choice)

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Can't decide without inspecting the extent of the damage

Votes: 24 45.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sep 10, 2007
Virginia
pogoism9;1213204 said:
did you ever check that shell out?

Duuuuude! Yes I did, thanks for the contact. :naughty:

...I have been postponing an update until I have all of the info etc....be on the look out for an update soon, maybe today :evil2:

Sep 10, 2007
Virginia
first post updated with revised plan, new pics, etc.

bottom line: dark blue supra is done, but will mostly (engine, trans, interior, few body pieces, etc.) be re-born into my new '89 white targa shell!!

Sep 10, 2007
Virginia
pogoism9;1213979 said:
haha it's even got a set of early SC400 wheels on it! Glad to see it all worked out for ya. :naughty:

yeaaa those rims aren't bad!! they will be FS soon tho haha.

thanks again for the quick help man, I owe you one. if I have any parts you need, let me know. I now have a lot of blue cloth interior pieces!! all three of my current supras are blue cloth lol.

but I have sawblades, '89+ wings; '88 wings, tails, CC's, mirrors, etc. etc...

Sep 10, 2007
Virginia
UPDATE:

after work yesterday afternoon, I spent some time in the engine bay of the white shell, tearing it down. all in all, everything looks good...no rust hiding in any corners, and it looks like almost everything is still in place, besides the engine, harness, and trans...all of which is being pulled directly from the blue car. In addition, these pieces will be pulled from the blue car, re-painted and used on the white car: hood and both front fenders (have minimal rust around the edges, probably when motor was yanked? etc.); both headlight covers have small rust scratches too; front bumper is torn up a bit; side view mirrors; 80% of interior and of course the drivetrain.

So next steps include tearing town BOTH engine bays, BOTH interiors, refreshing the GTE (various oil drips), etc, etc, etc...I should have PLENTY to do for a while!!

I will keep this thread updated regularly.

Sep 10, 2007
Virginia
pgiller;1214573 said:
U said that u have a 89+ wing forsale?? im intrested pm me. I will help out on your rebuild.

taken to PM :biglaugh:

I'll get back to you about your inquiry, I have to figure out which I am using..

TurboFreak;1214591 said:
RIP Blue Supra :(

:aigo: I still can't believe it...

TuRbOdReAmZ87;1215460 said:
Ouch. That sucks. I feel your pain

thanks, stuff happens tho...or that's what I keep telling myself! I am actually really excited about this project. Just picked up some essentials from the local Harbor Freight Tools store (engine hoist, another stand for the 7M, BUNCH of other cool shit :naughty:)

tbcmorris;1215463 said:
Glad to see your staying postive. Check my build thread real quick for what my midnight blue supra went though;)

Do you have 89 and up mirrors and tails...with blue trim?

I had actually been through your thread a few different times...big bummer, but you are fixing it right for sure...

I need the 89 up mirrors, I just remembered my shell didn't come with them...tails may be pending, but I will PM you if not, thanks.

No update
spent the weekend with the girlie, so no updates on the car. i plan on kicking ass this week tho for sure :sarcasm:

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2007
Virginia
teaser pick :naughty::

5wjqmt.jpg

spent some time last night, got the car in the air and started pulling stuff off.

Sep 10, 2007
Virginia
EdgeSupra;1217319 said:
Hey Pat, I got a brand new wiring harness for sale...you know you want oneeeeee....

yea this harness is jacked up Ben!! hahaha J/K...but it is pretty worn out and brittle for sure....Justin, PM me a picked up price please :naughty:

I might be back down that way soon :sarcasm:

EDIT: aren't the '90-'92 harness different from the '89, or are they interchangeable??

staticpage

Banned: Scammer, liar, cheat and thief
Oct 3, 2007
Cincinnati
88mkIIIproject;1208970 said:
- Side note: I met an awesome and beautiful girl down in VA Beach when I bought the car from Justin! Just had to throw that out there to see if anyone reads all of this stuff haha.
Patrick

so what happened with the girl?

Sep 10, 2007
Virginia
staticpage;1217489 said:
so what happened with the girl?

Haha I was wondering if someone would ask about that side note in the first post...here's what happened:

Met the girl (Julie :love:) when I picked up the car (12/13-14) in VA Beach...went back the following weekend to visit friends/see her/caravan back with the 1JZ that had been at my friends house for a week....crashed the car, THEN had a great weekend, went home in the 1JZ....took a train down the next weekend to hang out with Julie and get my car back home (~3.5 hour car ride)....this past weekend, Julie took the train up here for the weekend AAAAANNNNNDDDDDD.......

pogoism9;1217799 said:
bow chicka wow wow :naughty:

something like that for sure :naughty::naughty:

I sent Julie the link to this thread before, not sure if she'll be checking back in, but I should keep it propper and nice if you know what I mean :sarcasm:

i.e. no booby shots, sorry guys!! haha but maybe a teaser pick soon...everyone can pull what they want from this story, but my take is this: I am pretty damn happy that this car came BACK up for sale, even if I did wreck the shit out of it!!:nono: Meaning there would be about a 99.9% likelyhood that I wouldn't have ever met Julie if I hadn't been pulled in by this supra :love: Kind of interesting, huh?

NOW FOR A MINI UPDATE:

Last night, I spent some more time pulling the harness 90% of the way off the engine, and started to get the pieces out of the boxes and laid out for the hoist and stand. I am planning on pulling the drivetrain this weekend if all goes well, and will be stripping both chassis after that. I am now thinking that this white shell might be destined to be sprayed with a late model Lexus Dark Blue Metallic :evil2:

SURUKO

making the supra better..
Jan 8, 2007
The tropical island....
hi good to see you happy again wish you good luck with your build (already suscribed) pretty white supra there ...........please keep the good stuff going....

good thing with the girl wish all comes great ...