My 7M is toast! where to go from here?

what should I do?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Supra-K

Sep 13, 2007
Victorville CA
well I think my 7M-GTE is pretty much done, heres all the problems I got, valve tap, possible rod knock(s), top end and bottom end make noise:3d_frown:, code 52, and i rewired the ks twice and still poping off the code so obviously a bad sensor, stripped out exhast manifold bolt holes so I got a MONDO exhast leak, a mysterious oil leak thats in the back of the block, and Im running stupidly rich, and god forbid to hit redline cause it will porbably tear its self to bits and pieces, makes all kinds of niose high and low in the rpms, and I got a slight miss probably from the code 52, but hey at least I dont have the famous BHG cause that mess is all metal:icon_bigg, so basically to sum up what i just said the 7m justs needs to be pulled out and and have a fork stuck in it, any who, I pretty much knew all this was most likely gonna happen when i got the car, but No my mom wouldnt listen to me about waiting for driftmotion to check it out, yea im only 17 so I got to deal with MOM still, she said 2700 was a good price for any car so i said w/e youre lose my gain when I end up doing a build or 1j swap, so Im thinking about going 1J, or should I do a 7m build, bascially just want to make 400+whp cheapest but also realibly, I would Love to do a 1j swap casue I absolutely love tha engine with a passion, but it doesnt pass smog here in cali. but I could always get arouind that and word on the street is that 1Js are hard to come by for anything under 3000 , but Ill be callin up driftmotion to see if they can check out everything on my car to give me some ideas, Ill probably just end up doing what they think is best cause they know whats up and experinced it all, but like I said I really want the 1J, please vote for what you think, tell how much youre ideas cost remeber keep its reasonable 3-4k and whatever youre thought is on this poor 7M that is still running! but only getting about 10-11mpg lol. thanks

I may get a video of what the car sounds like so you guys can debate on wtf else is wrong with it.

Last edited:

Supra-K

Sep 13, 2007
Victorville CA
swaq said:
Your post needs more periods and paragraphs breaks. It is really hard to read...

I suppose you could rebuild your 7M?

sorry about that, well should i just get another 7M cause i really think this one screwed

2543arvin

Moving to Japan!!!
Nov 30, 2006
Jacksonville, NC
The difference between a built 7m and a stock 7m with 200k miles is like night and day. I cant speak on the 1J because I havent driven a supra with one or have any experience with one, so I vote the built 7m. I hated driving my supra until I had it built and now I can say its a blast to drive.

In the end you need to do what you feel comfortable with and what your wallet allows. If you have the opportunity then drive the 1J and drive the built 7M and then determine which route you want to take.

bowsercake

Aug 24, 2005
Irvine, Ca
Use the search, this has been covered many times. Call up Driftmotion and talk to them. No one is going to say anything that hasn't been said 10 times before.

Status
Not open for further replies.