my 1jz s366 project

kornfedmk3

Dec 9, 2011
des moines, IA
Hi everyone! My name is Nick I'm from des moines, iowa and this is my supra!

Car came with the 1jz in it when I bought it had bpu stuff intake, fmic, exhaust. Oh it was also freshly rebuilt:naughty:

The car had a wicked misfire problem that the owner couldn't figure out so I got the car for a deal. Figured out the problem was the harness was a auto and it needed the nws wire grounded with the sta wire and it fixed the problem. So I had it Dynoed. Mods Exhaust is hks super dragger, intake, fmic and 12psi
p2012882_4.jpg
[/URL]

after driving it for over a year the twins finally got weak and started to leak oil a little bit so time to get my single setup going!

Originally bought a gt35r then decided against so I sold it and my buddy had a brand new borg warner s366 for sale so I had to to snag it up!

Last edited:

kornfedmk3

Dec 9, 2011
des moines, IA
Now that I got my new turbo time to get all my other parts!

Got the turbos off and started to mock everything together

now let's put that on the car.

the way these cheap ebay manifold are made the runners interfere with the studs so the studs were cut and the nuts had to be cut down too. So the manifold was a pain in the ass to put on. The way I'm running the piping is this way because the compressor housing inlet was to close to the manifold so I want
To lead it away from all that heat.

It's alive!!! Motor running no downpipe yet on it still needed modified for the monsterous 4.25 to 3inch vband adapter that came with it
p2012885_6.jpg
[/URL]
going to be getting a intake for it next then going going to set up a catch can for It also right now it's open. Had a local fabricator modify the driftmotion downpipe ended up making it vband on both ends and eliminated the cat now the car sounds amazing! Had so catastrophic failure on first drive...

my fan shroud got caught in my fan and destroyed my mechanical fan and sent pieces through my radiator.:: angry :: so had to order a new radiator and decided to go electric fans.

I know electrics are hated on alot but a couple buddies are running ford contour fans which push like 3400cfm and has a shroud that covers my whole radiator perfectly and they have no problems so I'm going to try it. Car runs and drives perfectly normal. love the sound of the turbo spooling up and the sound of the 40mm wastegate dumping to the atmosphere is amazing!!

Boost is at 8 psi to get it all settled in. Next is some injectors safc2 and 400lph fuel pump. But I might up the boost to 12psi on stock everything my wideband says I'm running a little rich so might as well have some fun!!!

slapsticksammy

Feb 25, 2014
San Antonio
Just out of curiosity, why did you decide to angle the compressor so that the outlet goes over the strut tower with a sharp 90 degree bend? I've got a cheapy manifold as well but would like to avoid that.

kornfedmk3

Dec 9, 2011
des moines, IA
The compressor was literally half inch away from one of the runners. If i would of ran it down there I would of melted my silicone elbow in days probably. Ran it that way to reduce heat from getting to the piping keeping it up away from that. Plus it's different.

1990MA70

Nov 8, 2013
Cochrane, AB
Exact same thing just happened to my 1jz swap rad today... Build looks awesome though, hope to see some video's in the near future?

kornfedmk3

Dec 9, 2011
des moines, IA
Once I get the boost up and some fuel supplies there will definitely will be videos. I'm trying to decide what injectors to get for now. Only plan on running bout 16psi till I go standalone will have a safc2 soon. Really leaning on getting 440cc just cause I will make a big jump once I get ready for e85 and the price for 550cc and resistor pack is something I can't afford at this time.
Does anyone know if it will be ok to run a e85 400lph pump with pump gas till I get switched to e85?

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
Weld a cast elbow on the compressor housing and you can run it down and away from the manifold. You can run pump gas on E85 rated pumps no problem but I don't think those injectors will be enough for 16PSI and that pump won't be enough for E85 boost. Car is gorgeous man! Good luck with the rest of the build.

kornfedmk3

Dec 9, 2011
des moines, IA
Thanks. Yeah my update plan is save for aem v2 from driftmotion. Then get fuel supplies. Thinking 1000cc injectors. Not sure what to do for fuel pump just yet. I do have a aeromotive a1000 but heard those go out on people.

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
1000s will cover 650-700 depending on fuel pressure. I don't have first hand experience with A1000s and E85, although I will say they are the loudest pump ever and are not enjoyable at all lol.

Deutschwerks (sp) Walbro 400s Bosch 044 Magna fuel etc all make quality E85 pumps that are much quieter and aren't terribly expensive by themselves, but you will likely need 2 of them and either dual feeds or a y block. Another chunk of change in fittings either way.

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
Quin;2014167 said:
Deutschwerks (sp) Walbro 400s Bosch 044 Magna fuel etc all make quality E85 pumps that are much quieter and aren't terribly expensive by themselves, but you will likely need 2 of them and either dual feeds or a y block. Another chunk of change in fittings either way.

This is false, the walbro 400 is good for 600 rwhp on E85.

kornfedmk3

Dec 9, 2011
des moines, IA
Yeah so the whole fuel pump issue will get dealt with when it comes down to it I guess lol. Was thinking maybe twin bosh 044. But I just don't like the whole dual pump thing cause if one dies then you might be screwed unless your ems is setup to catch it. I might get the 400 and see what it tops out at but who knows I might just hold off on it till time comes. Any input you guys have on what pump you would recommend would be much appreciated!!

kornfedmk3

Dec 9, 2011
des moines, IA
Received my boost controller today got a nxs manual boost controller typical ball and spring and have it set right at 11 - 12psi love the power but that's the further I'm going as the ratio is right at 12.1 don't want to go any leaner.
Well some parts came across my eye and wanted to jump on them so my next check next week I'm buying a new steering wheel with a nrg hub. And some h&r springs with illumina 2 struts.

kornfedmk3

Dec 9, 2011
des moines, IA
Well guys I finished the car left it stock fuel while I had it then ended up selling it for the right price. Had it dynoed made a little over 300 on 12psi but started to lean out.i did have the boost set to 14psi on some nights and the afr didn't seem to lean but dyno day was a different story I guess here is a few pics and some videos of it. JUST LISTEN TO THAT SPOOL!!

Dyno video
http://youtu.be/joegXHWlR9s
late night ride buddy wanted to make a video lol sorry for the sideways view he thought it would correct when he turned it but obviously didnt. Shot in Mexico lol
http://youtu.be/UJv8JzenrjM