My 1JZ Cressida Build

jdmvigor

Cressida
May 26, 2005
Houston
www.786motoring.com
I havent posted on this forum in a while, so i figured i would join back up since im back in the toyota family after selling my MKIII...

May 5 2007
---------------------------------------------------

some things that are definately going on my Cressida are a 1JZ swap and coilovers.. im pretty much on a tight budget, but i think i can swing those major things.. i also have a 2JZ longblock that ill probably use in the future... Im building the car to be a nice drift car and to be a good all around car ..

enjoy some of the worst pictures in the world of what im dealing with..

Here is my Cressida.. picked up really cheap.. have alot of work to do to it.. took the 7M out and painted the engine bay..
p792391_1.jpg

p792391_2.jpg

Here is the 2JZ out of the Aristo, Turbos are bad and have paint on them..hahah... ony thing ill be using off this motor is the block..
p792391_3.jpg

Here is the 1JZ.. Off of a JZX90.. i put the Intake side mount on the exhaust side and the exhaust side on the intake.. the mount on the exhaust side has to be put on the 4 bolts most toward the front of the motor..
Intake side
p792391_4.jpg

Exhaust side (note the holes not being used are in the rear)
p792391_5.jpg

Three Generations of Toyotas 6 Cylinders in my dirty ass garage..
p792391_6.jpg

Waiting on a friend to finish the wiring and the ypipe and intake manifold gaskets to come in and then i can drop the motor in!

May 28 2007
----------------------------------------------------------------
Well the motor is in.. the y-pipe was a bitch to install...

but thanks to a couple of friends im making pretty good progress.. just need to tie up a couple of things and the car should be running by the weekend.. then i can start sorting out suspension for it..

i went for a ride in a friends 1JZ supra and cant wait to drive my car!!
p792391_7.jpg

p792391_8.jpg

p792391_9.jpg

June 01 2007
-----------------------------------------------------------

ITS ALLIVEE!!!

Ken did the wiring and at around 3-4am we cranked it over and it started on the first try! Running open ypipe is LOUD. Celebrated with a victory cigarette and went to sleep... i took these pics this morning..

gotta put the finishing touches on it... and i should be able to take it out for a spin tonight!

p792391_10.jpg

p792391_11.jpg

p792391_12.jpg

June 11 2007
-----------------------------------------------------------------

p792391_13.jpg

p792391_14.jpg

seems like drift showoff is bad luck for me or something.. but i still had a great time..

the car was giving me problems all night before the event but thanks to ken for letting me borrow his ECU and Map sensor we finally got it running decent.. then like 2 runs in the event i snapped a motor mount and the motor was sitting like way crooked in the engine bay! i was about to call it quits when some falken mechanic dude came over there and said that i should just chain the mount up to the chassis and go out there and have fun.. i didnt find a chain so i got a rachet strap and strapped that bitch down.. then the car started hesitating at high RPMS, turned out to be loose coil pack connections.. blah blah

the event helped me learn alot about the car though, especially since it was the first time i ever driven that car, literally.. next time it would be a good idea not to run on 205 all seasons..
62hte2c.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/v/mWnurBmcZig

http://vid121.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid121.photobucket.com/albums/o221/nisracer/driftshowoff044.flv

August 17 2007
--------------------------------------------------------------

here are some pics from the MSR roadcourse event last saturday.. Driving the cressida on a roadcourse was extremely fun!

1.jpg

2.jpg

normal_drift_8-11-07_109.jpg

dsc1277mi7.jpg

video
http://www.youtube.com/v/ZgiODH4LqBk

Last edited:

jdmvigor

Cressida
May 26, 2005
Houston
www.786motoring.com
We had an event at a local Oval track this past weekend..

Shit started getting crazy after one of my friends hit the wall.. so we decided to go all out and started hitting eachother in tandem and tapping the wall and stuff.. so im probably going to get a new shell soon..

Also my first event with the Drift Motion CT-26 Adapter kit with 57trim...

p792394_1.jpg

p792394_2.jpg

p792394_3.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

13.jpg

DSC_0030.JPG

DSC_0674.JPG

DSC_0984.JPG

Video

jdmvigor

Cressida
May 26, 2005
Houston
www.786motoring.com
rumptis said:
Thats awesome man! How much you got in your 1J swap and how do you like CT26 57 trim compared to the twins?

Im kinda kicking myself for ditching the twins for the CT-57... the twins were much more responsive.. and i believe i got more power out of them..

however, i was at 14lbs with the twins, and im only on 10-11 with the CT-57.. im pretty sure once i get supporting fuel mods and a nice tune i can bump up the boost to 20lbs and i will be glad i ditched the twins..

jdmvigor

Cressida
May 26, 2005
Houston
www.786motoring.com
The DM kit is an very very nice peice that is retarded easy to put on.. everything is thought of and taken care of.. the only modifications you need to complete yourself is blocking off of the extra coolant lines and grinding a bit of material off of the turbo elbow to clear the manifold...

The only problem i have had with it was PT sending me a bad turbo from the beginning, but Aaron is a super cool dude and replaced it in no time..

Last edited:

thechori

supra-deprived
Oct 3, 2006
houston
awesome, i have yet to see the car close up but i saw you drifting it for the first time at the falken showoff.. what exhaust are you running? i remember it was loud, but sex

namkiii

Nov 3, 2006
midlothian tx
dude im glad you came to the fourm cause i was at ennis when you raced the 240sx at nopi

and i was at houston for the june falkenshow
and saw you bust that motor mount sucks dude you should come back up to dallas some time man

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Apr 24, 2007
Macon, GA
Wow.madd props on the awesome build up. Id love to do something like that and get into drifting. Awesome drifting as well.