My 1989 Supra Turbo

7MGTESUPRAMAN

Aug 8, 2005
Macon, GA
I bought this car back in April of 2004 and slowly brought the car to where I almost wanted it to be but unfournatly this past Sunday with all the rain we had here in the middle GA my car hydro plane getting on to the interstate. It went towards the traffic and then went off into the ditch. Now I'm trying to decide on what I want to do. I really want to fix it back and get it back on the road. My parents say just look for another one but right now I have to wait on the insurance company.

p1274584_1.jpg

p1274584_2.jpg

p1274584_3.jpg

p1274584_4.jpg

p1274584_5.jpg

p1274584_6.jpg

p1274584_7.jpg

p1274584_8.jpg

p1274584_9.jpg

p1274584_10.jpg

gurley0916

Gurley=Last Name not girl
Mar 10, 2008
Columbus,OH
Man that is terrible!! Your car was stunning and really clean. Good to hear your ok. whats gonna happen to the car?

7MGTESUPRAMAN

Aug 8, 2005
Macon, GA
gurley0916;1274672 said:
Man that is terrible!! Your car was stunning and really clean. Good to hear your ok. whats gonna happen to the car?

I'm not sure yet, I have to wait on the insurance company. My parents say just look for another one or even a MKIV but I would hate to see it go to a junk yard and get crushed especially how clean it was.

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
Uhhh, do not let that car go to a junk yard. If you wish not to fix it then buy it back from the insurance and then part it out. With patience and parts, the car appears fixable. It's possible to straigten out that A-post. But whatever you do, don't just give it away to the insurance company.

7MGTESUPRAMAN

Aug 8, 2005
Macon, GA
gtsfirefighter;1274692 said:
Oh, and I'm glad you're ok. The car was stunningly beautiful!

Thanks man. That type of encouragement really makes me think twice about letting it go and I really don't want to. I would hate to see it in a junk yard or even me parting it out. I got compliments on it all the time around town and other cities that I would drive it to.

7MGTESUPRAMAN

Aug 8, 2005
Macon, GA
Well unfortunately the insurance company will not give me anything to fix the car all they will do is total it out. I tried to keep the car but my folks will not let me keep cause all they see is that they are losing insurance money that they have paid. They don't even want me to bring it back to the house so basically I guess I have to start all over again or look for a MKIV

Guyana00

Droppin that JZ in soon!
Apr 18, 2007
Brampton, ON
Since you're out of options I can't say much. That was ultra clean. I honestly have to say it was one of the best. I want this car. lol. Too bad you're so far, good luck with your search.

Glad to hear you're okay. Looking at those first pics, and thinking he went into a ditch, I wasn't thinking the car was going to be so messed up.

Also sad to hear the "I'm thinking or keeping it" to "I still have hope" to "Ok I'm not allowed any more". I understand though, parents can be pretty firm and it sounds like they are.

EDIT: I would bargain as much as you could with the insurance to get the lowest buy back price you can for the car and offer it to people in your local club. If it's low enough you might have some interest and your parents shouldn't have a problem with that.

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
glad youre ok but man thats sad there was a thread recently about where all the mk3s seem to end up

There goes one more mk3 out of exsistance.

7MGTESUPRAMAN

Aug 8, 2005
Macon, GA
I'm going to ask around here and see if anyone wants to buy it cause I would hate to know that it will be sitting in a junk yard going to waste or getting crushed. Hopefully I will find another MKIII or MKIV which ever it is I will still be an active member on here. Thanks for all the support and suggestions.