Must be Summer in the Northern Hemisphere

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
A lot of cars are coming out of Winter hibernation and promptly dropping their guts either at the track or on the Dyno!

Add what happened and what the future plan is.

Just curious to see if there's a trend that could lead to a resolution.

Chambers

Now you know
Sep 9, 2007
Baltimore County, Maryland
Chambers

I was hot-dogging my 1UZ-FE car after putting the LSD in the rear and the next day I was about to go get fuel and the o rings in the Howe throwout bearing assembly blew out... again... this will be no. 4. Only real big pain to pull the trans is dealing with the dual exhaust, other than that it pulls out quite easy.

So, to fix these issues I'm going with a Quarter Master throwout bearing assembly, and putting a Blitz Nur Spec Cat back on the car for much easier future removal of the trans, but with some hope the QM will hold up and I won't need to pull it off for a while.

suprajztwenty

Nov 5, 2009
corinth tx
bhg'ed for the last time...fully built/balanced this time. now i think the turbo is burning a little oil...other than that its great again, the fun never ends.

dubsupra209

CENCAL SUPRAS
Mar 6, 2009
Merced, CA
idk what happened but in cylcender 5 piston is hitting the the wall idk why always took care of it.. only has 30k since rebuild...2j time now almost thought about 1uz turbo but im going to just stick with 2j..

luckily when this happened i was coming back from Yosemite so i barely got service and got a tow home

Aug 15, 2008
Navan, Ontario
Last weekend my buddy got a 180sx(rhd) and we went out for a spirited drive out to a boat launch in my locale. Sure enough on my way back, after running the car a little hard, i blew the headgasket again for my third time now, only two months after my previous blowout.

The fix? Finally gotta do a proper rebuild and pull the motor, put some arp studs and a 1.2mm Metal headgasket, to make sure this never happens AGAIN!!!!!

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
Newark, New Jersey, United States
87silverbullitt;1755615 said:
Last weekend my buddy got a 180sx(rhd) and we went out for a spirited drive out to a boat launch in my locale. Sure enough on my way back, after running the car a little hard, i blew the headgasket again for my third time now, only two months after my previous blowout.

The fix? Finally gotta do a proper rebuild and pull the motor, put some arp studs and a 1.2mm Metal headgasket, to make sure this never happens AGAIN!!!!!

Proper would be to measure the head & block and use the correct MM headgasket VS throwing a 1.2mm at it before you know what you need. Just some food for thought.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Eh, mine is leaking a bit of power steering fluid I suspect, but that's the last 7m remnants on my car, so I'm not surprised. 20+ years without a refresh or anything... I drive mine all year though, so has nothing to do with summer in my case. ;)

Although strangely, I found a few small allen wrenches/keys and an old rusty nail beside/under my car the other day. Beginning to wonder if someone was trying to fuck with my car... will be getting a camera to monitor the driveway/front yard area soon I think.