Mt rad install on at tranny?

yongai27

Aug 23, 2010
Irvine
My friend is selling this nice rad, but its for manual but my 1988 7mgte is at. Is it possible to install it? Is it advised? Thanks.

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
You can use a MT radiator with a AT car, but you'll need to run an external cooler and lines from the transmission. That would be a smart thing to do anyway

yongai27

Aug 23, 2010
Irvine
hey my radiator doesnt have the nipples for the automatic transmission. there is one hole, so i put a nipple in it, but there isnt another one..there are however these weird looking bumps that look like you can screw something on there, but they are sealed off?

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
LPC;1632579 said:
I am in exactly the same situation. Can anyone recommend a good, however not too heavily priced transmission cooler ? I was looking at the 4 seasons one on ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/4-Se...Q5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_2399wt_1167)

That will work, however, I seem to recall that they are a fair bit cheaper than that at the local auto parts store... but I might be thinking about the cooler itself instead of the complete kit like that is. In any case, they aren't difficult to get, pretty much any parts place should have something that will work.