What Color Paint?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LAYZORBEEMZ

JZX73 owner
Jun 28, 2009
Maple Ridge, B.C.
So I went down to Lordco auto parts today and bought some NGK platinum plugs, and a shit tonne of new screws for my valve covers, this converts them so I can use a 10mm socket to tighten them now, not a freakin welfare phillips screwdriver. I took the valve covers off and looked a the cams and valves, tightened a lot of thing, most screws and even spark plugs I could loosen with my own fingers!!! There was a shit tonne of leaked oil in the valley between the valve covers so I soaked that up before taking the plugs out obvcourse.
I bought some heavy duty brake degreaser and decreased mostly eveything since the plug wires were basically taking a bath in motor oil....
I was only able to take some pics with my phone because I was restricted on time, shitty lighting also, and I don't know how to upload photos from my cell LOL
Anyway, my check engine light is off now, and I hooked my alarm back up but the car STILL cuts out at 3000 rpm, WTF.

LAYZORBEEMZ

JZX73 owner
Jun 28, 2009
Maple Ridge, B.C.
BTW I replaced the plugs because the old ones were Autolites which I'm told are pieces of shit and they were all covered in carbon buildup. I figured it wouldn't be a big deal just to get some better plugs since I don't have any idea as to how long ago those autolites were put in.

slightly_red_MA70

Holy S*** I own a Racecar
Jan 24, 2009
Canada
The drivers seat from my 87 needs a little repair on the bottom, other than that once I clean it one more time and fix the rip it should be good if you still want it...

LAYZORBEEMZ

JZX73 owner
Jun 28, 2009
Maple Ridge, B.C.
redma70;1455740 said:
The drivers seat from my 87 needs a little repair on the bottom, other than that once I clean it one more time and fix the rip it should be good if you still want it...

hmm, what part cause maybe i can take a piece from my seat.

syty1

Jan 26, 2009
los gatos, ca
Great Jet-pic...
As I'm sure you're learning, these cars are complex with a LOT of potential. Just don't ghetto anything and you will have _decades_ of 'adventures' w/ it.
I betcha someone on here can tell you where to get a new floor piece for your trunk and a panel for your cancer.
TRSM is your best friend!
David

slightly_red_MA70

Jan 24, 2009
Canada
MROsborne;1455760 said:
hmm, what part cause maybe i can take a piece from my seat.

It's the part that you sit on lol where the front "big"" piece of fabric meets up with one of the middle pieces, the seam is ripped.

syty1;1455835 said:
Great Jet-pic...
As I'm sure you're learning, these cars are complex with a LOT of potential. Just don't ghetto anything and you will have _decades_ of 'adventures' w/ it.
I betcha someone on here can tell you where to get a new floor piece for your trunk and a panel for your cancer.
TRSM is your best friend!
David

I'll sell you the floor piece from my 87 and maybe the panel since theres no rust.

LAYZORBEEMZ

JZX73 owner
Jun 28, 2009
Maple Ridge, B.C.
I think thats the same place mines ripped. Is the floor in good shape? And ya the panel or whatever it is that goes in above the wheel on the rear drivers side.

yung2ner

3E5 LOVER
MROsborne;1449840 said:
Ya, but I'm sure the harness bars are professionally made. I'd rather pay for quality, plus I don't want a 6 point

Well I'm in the same boat about money and wanting the harness bar. Here's a secret - Zankoku Performance. He sells NRG harness bars for $165! Just go to Misc. Vendors and check out his first or second posting! Hope this helps!

LAYZORBEEMZ

JZX73 owner
Jun 28, 2009
Maple Ridge, B.C.
yung2ner;1456136 said:
Well I'm in the same boat about money and wanting the harness bar. Here's a secret - Zankoku Performance. He sells NRG harness bars for $165! Just go to Misc. Vendors and check out his first or second posting! Hope this helps!

Reheheheheeally... This is usefull, but then I have exchange, duty?, and shipping...

slightly_red_MA70

Jan 24, 2009
Canada
$100 is perfect :-D
Let me know exactly what you need and I can cut it out for you, or you could come here and do it yourself so you get what you want.

Actualy, if you come do it yourself you only gotta pay $80... sound good?

LAYZORBEEMZ

JZX73 owner
Jun 28, 2009
Maple Ridge, B.C.
mide aswell takethe whole damn thing dude LOL cut all the way around the sides and around the rear strut towers, I'll see if I can get out there and get someone to cut it for me, if not then I'll tell you to kay?

slightly_red_MA70

Jan 24, 2009
Canada
Its terrible lol If you want I can get one made in black cloth for you? I'd charge you $25 for it???
I have one in my car and its pretty sweet

LAYZORBEEMZ

JZX73 owner
Jun 28, 2009
Maple Ridge, B.C.
redma70;1456266 said:
Its terrible lol If you want I can get one made in black cloth for you? I'd charge you $25 for it???
I have one in my car and its pretty sweet

I think it'd kinda look out of place in a burgandy leather interior lol

LAYZORBEEMZ

JZX73 owner
Jun 28, 2009
Maple Ridge, B.C.
I recently tried replacing the afm with one from another guy around here but I still got code 31 an my car still runs like crap. I think I am going to be checking the wiring for the afm because I found rat shit on my valve covers, I think the little bastards have been eating what they're not supposed to.

Status
Not open for further replies.