Moving to Kentucky! (Ft. Cambell)

TurboFreak

NOBAMA
Jan 22, 2006
East Coast
So the Army's got me going to Kentucky at the end of October. I'll be around for a couple months I hope before I go down range (Afghanistan). Anybody live near there?

I'm gonna have some fun with all this cash I've accumulated during 6 months of training and a mk3...haha.

supraRAKK

Aug 1, 2009
Milwaukee,WI
awesome so ur infantry? me too yeah i was in 1-187 3bct good luck on the deployment should come back wiht a hefty sum of$ though. is this ur first deployment.

Fuzz420

Are U Here 2 take My Baby
NoKittenMKIII;1387927 said:
Have fun. I got some friends up that way. Hope you like cold.

lmao

It doesnt get that cold here. This past winter we had a nice cold snap that had single digits early in the season, but after that it wasnt that cold here(mid 20"s to low 30's). This summer has been cool no 90 degree temps at all in july.

While your here enjoy some of our famous bourbon

supraRAKK

Aug 1, 2009
Milwaukee,WI
yeah its like the end of the world if theres a little ice they would shut down everything nothing like being in WI but tennessee has better looking women:naughty:

TurboFreak

NOBAMA
Jan 22, 2006
East Coast
supraRAKK;1388602 said:
awesome so ur infantry? me too yeah i was in 1-187 3bct good luck on the deployment should come back wiht a hefty sum of$ though. is this ur first deployment.

Not infantry, 15S Kiowa mechanic.

Yep first deployment.

How are the barracks there?

supraRAKK

Aug 1, 2009
Milwaukee,WI
oh thats cool love those birds um there barracks i was in were awesome seperate rooms brand new furniture only had to share bathroom and kitchen. like a little apartment. chow halls actually really decent haha.

Fuzz420

supraRAKK;1388616 said:
yeah its like the end of the world if theres a little ice they would shut down everything nothing like being in WI but tennessee has better looking women:naughty:

LOL

Hey we aren't built for the snow like you guys are. Some of the poorer counties,seriously if its a spec of snow they are out of school. We did have nice ice storm this past winter, but it wasnt anything for somebody from wisconsin ;)

supraRAKK

Aug 1, 2009
Milwaukee,WI
yeah i remember they shut down post when there was like a dust of snow and tiny bit of ice haha but i guess its just the way it is i suppose. or u can call us the crazy ones for driving in a foot or two of snow:1zhelp:

NoKittenMKIII

40mm BOOM
Mar 22, 2009
Sands of Iraq
Fuzz420;1388611 said:
lmao

It doesnt get that cold here. This past winter we had a nice cold snap that had single digits early in the season, but after that it wasnt that cold here(mid 20"s to low 30's). This summer has been cool no 90 degree temps at all in july.

While your here enjoy some of our famous bourbon

I'm a desert rat. I start throwing jackets on at 60 degrees. Anything below 80 is cold, and it doesn't get hot till the temp is above 105.

TurboFreak- Next time, request Stewart. Nice curvy roads, beach nearby, TONS of bars in SAV, and a fellow Supra Soldier. I'm tired of being one of TWO in Hinesville, although you'd probably be up at Hunter.

TurboFreak

NOBAMA
Jan 22, 2006
East Coast
NoKittenMKIII;1388676 said:
I'm a desert rat. I start throwing jackets on at 60 degrees. Anything below 80 is cold, and it doesn't get hot till the temp is above 105.

TurboFreak- Next time, request Stewart. Nice curvy roads, beach nearby, TONS of bars in SAV, and a fellow Supra Soldier. I'm tired of being one of TWO in Hinesville, although you'd probably be up at Hunter.

I definitely did request Stewart/Hunter Army Airfield but no such luck. I love it down there... I'm gonna miss the beach, this will be my first living away from it :(

Fuzz420

NoKittenMKIII;1388676 said:

Well when u put it like that i can understand

TurboFreak;1388847 said:
I definitely did request Stewart/Hunter Army Airfield but no such luck. I love it down there... I'm gonna miss the beach, this will be my first living away from it :(
get used to good fresh oxygen and trees.

fixitman04

fixer of all things !!
Sep 18, 2008
north dakota
i hail from there part time, the parents live there and i have 3 rental properties there.

nice area to live, i get down there about once a year