motor angle

jt2ma71

Impeller Head
Mar 30, 2005
Washington State
www.cardomain.com
Hi guys, I am trying to set the motor in the bay without the transmission. Can somebody PLEASE give me a measurement to see how the motor will sit? I am not so sure if it is just level to the ground. I don't have a stock crank damper so I can't use that as a reference. Maybe use the front tab on the oil pan right below the damper and how far that is from the sway bar? Or a point in the back of the head or valve covers, and how far from the firewall? Or whatever is the easiest way for anybody to find a reference point. Thanks and Merry Christmas to all!!

-Ron

tsuper92

supra addict
Apr 7, 2005
mass
the tab on the upper part of the pan is 3" to the bottom of the pan.the support bar that connects from a-arm to a-arm under the car is 2.75" to the metal oil pan (where it bolts to the aluminum section).iv took these measurements off my 1j.it uses the same oil pan and you have to use 1j mounts for your 2j in a ma70.the head is 2" from the firewall,but your deck height is different on the 2j.this should get you in the general area

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
935motorsports said:
You just need 1jz stock engine brackets. Then you can use stock mounts and bolt it in exactly where it should go.

You're damn right, you can!

If the 2JZ is the dark side of the force, consider me a Sith apprentice. The Jedi piss me off, anyways - what good is power that you can't abuse? :biglaugh:

Ron, we want pictures. Bunches of 'em.

jt2ma71

Impeller Head
Mar 30, 2005
Washington State
www.cardomain.com
Thanks guys for the responses. I'm pretty sure I can use the numbers given. I do have the 1j brackets with the 92 mounts. Mock up long block is in the bay but it wants to tilt down forward without the tranny. Ron