Most Detailed Ebay Ad I Have Ever Seen!!!

scottiedawg66

Apr 1, 2005
Bay Area Ca
Thanks for sharing. I am watching this closely

Edit: that is a very tricky add. That is not origional condition, car has been hit and re sprayed partially. those details are buried among all the photos. Still a great looking car, but i think his claim of origionality is overstated based on the body and paint work from an accident...

Last edited:

f00g00

Supramania Contributor
Jul 2, 2007
Kuwait
Wonder who picked the wrong muffler with the offset in the back? Still a clean car.

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
the grey one is just like my puppy was when I bought it. I couldn't pay more than 6000.00 for that one without running my hands along the inside of the quarter panels/wheel wells. Very clean looking, but you can see the age starting to creep up on it. For a 1987, though, that would be a worthwhile car even at 8000.00. Still miles beyond some of the brand new "consumer" models being sold today for well over double that.

Seems that most of the R154/W58 MK3's are being grabbed first leaving the cleaner (less hammered on) automagic MK3's for sale. Personally I liked my auto '90, but it wasn't quite as fun as my R154 models.

pogoism9

1UZ for me!
May 18, 2007
fredericksburg, va
It's a nice ad, but there are a couple of things about that car that could be of concern to me. The 2 that caught my eye immediately were a) the right side door molding is starting to peel at the back of the door, and b) there is a vacuum line missing from the water neck VSV. Might seem like small things, but a car thats supposed to be top shelf wouldn't have these. That being said, its STILL a really nice car.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
This isn't exactly related to this car, but I did notice it because of the amount of pictures. The 88+ Supras seem to have an extra striker sort of thing mounted to the door with an extra hole on the door jam for this. My 87 does not have this.

Anyone know what the purpose of this extra part is?

yhatzee89

Joe Yantz
Aug 31, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Silver MK3;1966083 said:
This isn't exactly related to this car, but I did notice it because of the amount of pictures. The 88+ Supras seem to have an extra striker sort of thing mounted to the door with an extra hole on the door jam for this. My 87 does not have this.

Anyone know what the purpose of this extra part is?

For the targa top in an attempt to limit the amount of flex with the top off

scottiedawg66

Apr 1, 2005
Bay Area Ca
pogoism9;1966073 said:
It's a nice ad, but there are a couple of things about that car that could be of concern to me. The 2 that caught my eye immediately were a) the right side door molding is starting to peel at the back of the door, and b) there is a vacuum line missing from the water neck VSV. Might seem like small things, but a car thats supposed to be top shelf wouldn't have these. That being said, its STILL a really nice car.

I noticed that as well. The seats are also stained pretty bad rear carped is not great. The seller would not post my question asking for more details on exactly what panels were repainted and worked on. He said the add explains that. The add says only the bumperS were re sprayed, but that makes no sense. I could see 1 bumper being resprayed and that is it, but i find it hard to believe both bumpers had damage, but the body did not.

I think this guy has alot of people drinking the coolaid, and not looking at each picture closely enough.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
I was looking at the bidding history and noticed one bidder took it from $2300 to $5300 all in one day. Nobody else was bidding against him during that time. Hmmm...

Beals

JZA70 TT-R
Feb 3, 2009
Alberta, Canada
yeah the bidding history is sketchy, all the names are very similar and are almost bidding themselves up. Personally I think it's already over priced.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
It doesn't give the full name, but it does show the first and last character of the bidder. The same bidder bumped up the price of the car a few grand. That's sketchy to me.

And yeah, there are three guys bidding that are raising their own bid the inflate the price of the car.