morganson's COP S-Type setup

lithium14

Jan 7, 2011
Austin
Ah ok. That should be ok with me since I don't plan on going past 14 since that's where stock fuel cut is set to. I definitely have plans on replacing my ignitor when I can. I heard someone on SM is working on an upgrade for us, but I also plan on going standalone and maybe getting rid of that entirely.

morganson

Jan 19, 2012
Columbia, SC
Nuffboost87;2017329 said:
Hey.....shouldn't I be able to use the 1zzz coils on this plate? I don't see why I shouldn't. I do have a ffim so height of the coils shouldn't be an issue. Can you confirm?

1zz. Coils are totally different. The only thing you could use is the coil spacing. The bolt holes wont line up either. However, if you are ffim then accel and msd make a great upgraded coil that fits right in the hole. Its just got an angled plug.

Nuffboost87

May 30, 2014
Fredericksburg VA
Hey Morganson....Actually I have been in contact with Albert via PM. We agreed on a price to make the plate since we both knew it would cost more to make just the one. On July 16th he responded to me, and I quote ' I'm making your bracket as we speak. Just got the hardware and the tubing in. Will get the stand offs made and hopefully by the end of the week I can send you a bracket.' That said I sent him half the money via Paypal the very next day on the 17th. Since then I've sent him three IMs asking for confirmation of receipt of the money I sent and inquiring as to the status of the plate. To date not a word....I am the last person that would ever want to put anyone on blast on this forum/site but this is rediculous. I've followed many of his blogs and this just does not seem consistent with his persona. I know he would not risk his reputation on the price of one plate especially since his workmanship speaks volumns. Still I'm trying to be patient and hang in there for about a month. After that I guess I will not have a choice but to go buck wild. I'm giving him the month because who knows.....maybe there is a true emergency on the homefront that trumps everything. I would hate to be acting the fool when we all know this passion of ours is our 'side thing' and like I said he could be going through some real 'stuff'.

RiyadYar

Supramania Contributor
Nov 20, 2007
NY
i installed setup but cant get my timing light to strobe off of the two wires going to sparkplug 1 ? do i need a better timing light? what do i do i need to time my car ..
thanks

nathaninwa

Jul 1, 2012
Aberdeen, WA
If anyone is interested in a plate please pm me. I won't be checking back as often as I'm getting ready to start a 240Z/LQ4 twin turbo project

morganson

Jan 19, 2012
Columbia, SC
RiyadYar;2018242 said:
i installed setup but cant get my timing light to strobe off of the two wires going to sparkplug 1 ? do i need a better timing light? what do i do i need to time my car ..
thanks

Not both wires only the red wire off 1.

morganson

Jan 19, 2012
Columbia, SC
So has anyone tried fitting a 24v electrical feed to their ignition?
For alot of those complaining about 15psi problems, thats fuel cut. Im running maft (1st gen) and 550cc inj. Hit fuel cut at 15psi

KKZ SupraMan

Jun 2, 2013
ohio
morganson;2020310 said:
For alot of those complaining about 15psi problems, thats fuel cut. Im running maft (1st gen) and 550cc inj. Hit fuel cut at 15psi
I think an ease way would be a step up dc to dc convertor 12v to 18v or 20v to feed the coils should give a little hotter spark I haven't tested tho

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Morganson;2020336 said:

I'm pretty sure that the problem people have been having is spark breakup, which(to me) feels like losing a cylinder or two/ sputtering.
Fuel cut is like driving over a parking block at 40mph.