modded bumpers... post up yours

juhanis

2jza70
Jan 11, 2006
Los Gatos, California
the reason i'm making this thread is because i was unable to find a thread with pics of modified bumpers. i was looking for some inspiration and i found a few, but not many. so let's see em! i'll start off

before
p985086_1.jpg

after
p985086_2.jpg

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
if you can fill in the old grill on the bumper it would look very similar to the cfx one

juhanis

2jza70
Jan 11, 2006
Los Gatos, California
tlo86;985095 said:
if you can fill in the old grill on the bumper it would look very similar to the cfx one

i know what you mean, i kept those parts in because i wanted to retain some of the strength going to the lower lip area from the stock fins. plus, i didnt want to hack up the stock bumper too much, i love how it looks stock. but only 1/2 my intercooler was being hit.

KeithH

Mar 31, 2005
Portland, OR
Thanks guys. I filled in the license plate dimple and the hole in the nose left over by the emblem too. Everything was filled in with urethane repair stuff so it flexes with the bumper - not bondo that will just pop right out after a few months. I reinforced the lower lip with a bar to prevent sagging - and then adding the lip helped even more.

I miss driving it so much. I parked it after I got home from SILV05. A month or so ago I got a new battery and it fired right up like I had parked it just a few days before.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
HT5SSilverSupraT;985700 said:
I agree, a truely frenched Turbo-A duct would look good, but I haven't seen one yet. Only ones that I've seen are just molded in, it still sticks out, there just aren't any seams around it.

Suprahero's car has it done...