Mocal oil cooler

Shima

I'v got Supra powers
May 23, 2007
carlisle
Hey i just got my hands on a mocal 25 row oil cooler.

thought i may aswell upgrade the stock one while i'm playing around plus i got it for a great price :naughty:its brand new but i was wondering what these rate like on our cars. obviously its got to be better than stock but how more efficiant ?

anyone using these?

Cheers

pic of oil cooler

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Last edited:

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
They are nice cooler...on par with B&M, Setab, and Longs. All are plate type coolers...more efficient than the tube/fin type (like stock) due to increased surface area on the oil plate channels. That's a pretty pricey cooler ;)

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
I have been running Mocal oil cooler for quite some time. -10AN fittings in and out. The Nascar "recyclers" out on ebay sell them for pretty cheap which is were I sourced mine. :)

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
Figgie - what size and where did you mount yours? Setab and Mocal coolers tend to be a bit thick.

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
jdub;1109156 said:
Figgie - what size and where did you mount yours? Setab and Mocal coolers tend to be a bit thick.

The number 24 comes to mind... I will have to check. A bit thick? more like they ARE thick :)

I mounted it on the passenger side and removed the fog lights (since the stock stuff is all gone from an electrical standpoint). I am trying to see where it can get some better flow without getting in the way of the IC/AC/Radiator (three!).

Last edited:

Shima

I'v got Supra powers
May 23, 2007
carlisle
jdub;1109156 said:

yea this would be good to know. i didnt know if i should mount it before my FMIC ? just sitting infront a lil here be a pic of the car think it would fit in there? haha

cheers (btw my stock oil cooler is located behind my IC)

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Jaguar_5

It's ALIVE!
Feb 7, 2006
Seattle
Very nice oil cooler! Looks about the same size as my B&M, except noticeable thicker!

Have fun mounting it :biglaugh:

It can be quite a chore in our cars, especially if you want to do it correctly with all the factors in mind. No metal-metal contact, you want good airflow but don't want it to get the other heat-exchangers (ic, condenser, rad) too hot.

I was about to cut slits in the metal below the headlight (for airflow) and put the cooler there, but I ended up sacrificing my condenser fan instead

Make sure you're using a good T-Stat instead of the stock pressure-relief nonsense, and as far as placing it infront of the IC, I wouldn't, I want to keep the intake charge as cool as possible

Check late in my build thread for pictures of every detail of how I did mine, and don't forget to check the oil technical thread, we've talked about this alot before :)