mkIV Seats in a MKIII???

gixxer750

2jzget comingsoon!
Mar 30, 2005
Mississippi
Are the mkIV seats a bolt in for the mk3? I've got a friend who will give me a set of the power mk4 leather seats..... The only catch is they are tan leather. I've been told by several that I can have them dyed the color of my interior. What do you think? Is it possible to run these seats in my 88? Will the wiring plug in......so on and so fourth. Are the brackets the same that bolt to the floor pan? Those things are super comfy, not to mention in pristine condition.

gixxer750

2jzget comingsoon!
Mar 30, 2005
Mississippi
I don't know, they seem much more comfy than my seats..... How would I got about making the wiring work.......should just be taking the plug off of my seat and putting the pins from the 4th gen seat in it, right?

KeithH

Mar 31, 2005
Portland, OR
Hey gixxer... have you done a LONG road trip in both seats? I can tell you that I have made the trip from Portland to south of Bakersfield in one sitting - only stopping for gas - and the MkIII seats are VERY comfortable. I have heard from MANY MkIV owners that make the same drive and they always complain about the comfort. I also know a few MkIV owners that used to have MkIIIs and they said the MkIII seats are more comfortable.

That being said. Don't listen to anyone but yourself. If you want them... anything can be made to work.

Keith

tsuper92

supra addict
Apr 7, 2005
mass
wiring should be easy,if your friend still has the car.you can test the plug on his car and find which is power and ground for the switch.i just did a dsm leather power seat,a little easier because it is just power and ground(the switch is on the seat not console)
keith

tsuper92

supra addict
Apr 7, 2005
mass
supradan22 said:
Can i see the pics of the DSM leather seats in the MKIII
sorry man,i should of worded that different.the seats went into my friends dsm from another dsm.i ran a power wire from the designated fuse under the hood.he kinda needed the seat so his wife could drive it.she's 4'10" and had to sit on a pillow,now she just raises the seat.
keith

ippyness

562uned
Jun 1, 2005
Arizona
i had a set of 94 black mkiv seats in my previous car.. they kinda fit.. but i could only get 2 bolts in to mount them.. defently need a little bit of modification.