MKIII Supra on Gran Turismo 4?

Figit090

Fastest mk3 GT4 1/4 mile!
Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
i spent quite a while on that an hour ago. it pissed me off and after drafting past the group to around 170 or something and watching it slow to 163 and stay there....i realised it is impossible to do it without staying with the pack.

then i tried that...and the white skyline is RETARTDED. i'm not sure if the computer gives different cars of the same EXACT model different AI, but that one kept drafting right INTO ME!! lol...

i got within 2 seconds of the 1st place skyline on my last try and got tired of it. then i tried the other challenges and an endurace and realised i am not good at this game anymore.

I have an important question(s):

in the 2nd level theatre of races on the main page (not beginner or extreme...pro i think?) i have ALL golds except for the last world cup... i failed to win that...i received 4th and 5th in several of its races.

it didnt give me a trophy and i cant compete in extreme until i fix it... but i'm not clear on how this works;

can i go back and individually win each race, or do i have to restart the championship? i've never wanted to try competing in each race individually before to test this just to find out that i'd have to do them ALL over again in the championship....

does that make sence? and i want the prize car as well....

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
to earn the prize car u must win the championship, but u can retire from races and still win. to get the extreme, you just need to win every SINGLE RACE event and the trophies for the CHAMPIONSHIP RACES. you dont need to do much more than 2/3 of the races as long as you win every championship and every single event race.

I still haven't gone back to complete all of professional yet, and i have everything open and available.

Good luck!

Figit090

Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
suprarx7nut said:
to earn the prize car u must win the championship, but u can retire from races and still win. to get the extreme, you just need to win every SINGLE RACE event and the trophies for the CHAMPIONSHIP RACES. you dont need to do much more than 2/3 of the races as long as you win every championship and every single event race.

I still haven't gone back to complete all of professional yet, and i have everything open and available.

Good luck!

so if i go back and place at or above 3rd on the races, i can move on? or do i have to get a trophy for the championship to the left of all the individual races as well? it would be nice if i could just go back and fix the races i messed up on to get the trophy... i dont like how you can do the championship and get credit for individual races but you cant do it the other way around.

up until now i have almost always just raced the championship on the left of each category, and automatically received trophys for each individual race...easy... bing bang boom. but the last world cup in the pro stadium thing is hard and I dont think i can do it with the escudo... its my fastest car and i dont know what to do now...i dont even have 500k dollars.

and i'm still a bit confused...maybe its becase i'm tired. sorry. lol i've felt useless all day for lack of things to do...and this doesnt make it better. haha.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Figit090 said:
so if i go back and place at or above 3rd on the races, i can move on? or do i have to get a trophy for the championship to the left of all the individual races as well? it would be nice if i could just go back and fix the races i messed up on to get the trophy... i dont like how you can do the championship and get credit for individual races but you cant do it the other way around.

up until now i have almost always just raced the championship on the left of each category, and automatically received trophys for each individual race...easy... bing bang boom. but the last world cup in the pro stadium thing is hard and I dont think i can do it with the escudo... its my fastest car and i dont know what to do now...i dont even have 500k dollars.

and i'm still a bit confused...maybe its becase i'm tired. sorry. lol i've felt useless all day for lack of things to do...and this doesnt make it better. haha.

Ya unfortunately, to officially "complete" a series of races, you need to either get a GOLD CHAMPIONSHIP TROPHY, (this is the one to the left of the races you were talking about) or if it doesn't have a championship, you need to get golds in EVERY SINGLE RACE.

Third and up doesn't really mean anything, just gives you more money and a trophy. To move on, u need golds.

If you can't do it with the escudo, do some of the short endurance races. Set it to B-spec so it drives on its own and just be sure your car kicks ass. Now go do something else for a couple hours. :) when you come back you'll either get the Minolta Toyota 88-something or some other good car. If the car you win isn't all that, you'll get a lot of credit for it.

OR.... do one of the rally events at CAPRI. im not sure which it is, but you win a concept SUV rally thing thats worth a shit-ton of money. This race you can definitely win with the escudo. I've done this race at least 20 times, its the easiest "legit" way to make money in the game.

**Sorry to whoever started this thread, Figit and i seem to have hijacked it. :)

Figit090

Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
suprarx7nut said:
Ya unfortunately, to officially "complete" a series of races, you need to either get a GOLD CHAMPIONSHIP TROPHY, (this is the one to the left of the races you were talking about) or if it doesn't have a championship, you need to get golds in EVERY SINGLE RACE.

Third and up doesn't really mean anything, just gives you more money and a trophy. To move on, u need golds.

If you can't do it with the escudo, do some of the short endurance races. Set it to B-spec so it drives on its own and just be sure your car kicks ass. Now go do something else for a couple hours. :) when you come back you'll either get the Minolta Toyota 88-something or some other good car. If the car you win isn't all that, you'll get a lot of credit for it.

OR.... do one of the rally events at CAPRI. im not sure which it is, but you win a concept SUV rally thing thats worth a shit-ton of money. This race you can definitely win with the escudo. I've done this race at least 20 times, its the easiest "legit" way to make money in the game.

**Sorry to whoever started this thread, Figit and i seem to have hijacked it. :)

haha, yeah we did.

thanks for the explination, that really helps. i went and got a list of what races earn what in endurance... i'll probably go for the polyphone digi formula gran turismo, the chaparral 2d, or the damn minolta that seemed to always kick ass. lol.. thanks again for the tips.

and how the heck can any normal human being be expected to do a 24 hr endurance race in a GAME??? does anybody actually DO that? maybe leave the thing on pause? even then i figure that would really wear out the ps2...and then you risk it freezing up...maybe, after such a long pause.

/hijack

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
haha, ya the 24 hour endurance would actually be tough. I want to try it on a friday-sat with two or three friends and a couple cases of beer. :)

BACK ON TOPIC....

What colors do they have for the mkIII's

All i can seem to get is a black or Blue?!?!

Figit090

Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
I have a maroon TT R and a black TA

what black and blue models do you have?? i have NEVER seen blue. now i will look though.

and the white package. i want a collection of them...lol.

everybody should get in photo mode and upload some nice pics of each different mkiii in gt4 :)

jmanbball

Yellow Jacket
Apr 17, 2006
Hittin' the books at Tech
Figit090 said:
haha, yeah we did.

thanks for the explination, that really helps. i went and got a list of what races earn what in endurance... i'll probably go for the polyphone digi formula gran turismo, the chaparral 2d, or the damn minolta that seemed to always kick ass. lol.. thanks again for the tips.

and how the heck can any normal human being be expected to do a 24 hr endurance race in a GAME??? does anybody actually DO that? maybe leave the thing on pause? even then i figure that would really wear out the ps2...and then you risk it freezing up...maybe, after such a long pause.

/hijack

You can switch between a-spec and b-spec each time you pit. Personnally, I just used an overkill car for the Nurburgring 24hrs to get the formula car

Figit090

Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
what car did you use? - pm me.

/REAL end of hijack - lol

OK, so i can get a photo up here of the black one and the maroon one...that is, if anyone wants to see them.

Figit090

Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
i just bought a blue. (and finished that silly world cup i was bitchin' about)

so now i have a hell of a lot more racing to do. and a goal to get every color mk3....lol. two left i think?

Figit090

Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
question: i did a race recently, and one of the opponents was a shelby series one - ....i looked at it and laughed when i saw it because it was running EXTREME camber... like....20 degrees. it looked like something was broken, but knowing that gt4 cannot break cars in any way shape or form...i figured it was either normal (and really weird) or a BIG glitch.

does anybody know why it had the rear tires tilted in so severely? it was silly.

Figit090

Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
tea_mkIII said:
prolly a glitch fig...ive never seen anything like that on mine.

yeah, ok. it was funny though. looked almost like a big fat guy was in the back or something.... i wonder if i could make the camber like that in settings.

oh and i finally finished the 24hour... took me 18.

Figit090

Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
i will...it was stupid and i'm not sure if there is even that much allowable user camber but...i'll try. it was in el capitan, which is twisty...but not that twisty.