MkIII Poopra build on a highschooler budget??

jdmmk3

Jun 25, 2010
Manchester
Whats up Sm..Well now that ive got my daily driver camry running right now i can spend a tad bit of cash to start with the supra. Plans are to build a reliable cruiser, not looking for insane amount of power or anything, just something reliable with a little extra umph. Going to the 2jzge-t route and gunna run off 7m electronics. To help me fund some of it im going to part out 2 7mgtes that i have lying around so if you guys need parts be sure to look in the fs section very soon!!... Well heres the car when i first got it about a month ago.
p1701190_1.jpg
p1701190_2.jpg

and i just purchased some starion rims for her yesterday, had time to put them on before i went to work and they do look mean. Plan on pulling the fenders and throwing some 195/45 on them because they are gunna need new tires but i just wanted to see how they would look and me likey alot haha :naughty:
p1701190_3.jpg
p1701190_4.jpg
p1701190_5.jpg
p1701190_6.jpg

jdmmk3

Jun 25, 2010
Manchester
thanks always good to hear that. car is lowered on stance coilovers, want to drop the rear just a little bit once i get the fenders pulled and the new set of tires

z8dmc

Nov 9, 2008
San Diego
at least you dont have to pay for books, try a college budget lol
be careful of pulling the front
there are tabs where the fender liner was bolted.
So you will need to cut those tabs in order to get a smooth pull or else it will come out wavy due to the different thickness of metal.

jdmmk3

Jun 25, 2010
Manchester
z8dmc;1701210 said:
at least you dont have to pay for books, try a college budget lol
be careful of pulling the front
there are tabs where the fender liner was bolted.
So you will need to cut those tabs in order to get a smooth pull or else it will come out wavy due to the different thickness of metal.

haha i just turned 16 and worked at subway for 2 months so far and barely getting any hours is prob the same misery as for paying for the books in college. but its the perfect time for me to build a car, the only responsibility I have is to do good in school, make sure i have gas and insurance money and stay healthy. Still got another 2 years of highschool to build this thing up!!. and appreciate the heads up for the fenders

enjoi.this

Formerly ChrisC
Aug 18, 2008
Kelowna, BC
They look pretty similar to the old supras. Although that offset and size is much different loll. Looks like a little rubbage may be happening

jdmmk3

Jun 25, 2010
Manchester
yea the rims are pretty sick, i got a good deal that i couldnt resist. After seeing these rims on a 240 i have always wanted to try them on a supra. these rims are 16x8 -10 in the rear and 16x7 +18. i wish i coulda found the shp rims that are 16x9 in the rear and 16x8 in the front but i cant complain on these rims

WillWork4Boost

Mar 10, 2011
Miami, Florida
Nice, basically in the same situation as I am.

Need more money before I can grab me a set of Stance's. By the way, that's going to be a pretty nasty pull in the rear, you sure there's no other wheels you like to fit under there? Once you pull'em, it's gonna be a hell of job if you ever want to look stock again.

Good luck, and nice car.

jdmmk3

Jun 25, 2010
Manchester
WillWork4Boost;1701402 said:
Nice, basically in the same situation as I am.

Need more money before I can grab me a set of Stance's. By the way, that's going to be a pretty nasty pull in the rear, you sure there's no other wheels you like to fit under there? Once you pull'em, it's gonna be a hell of job if you ever want to look stock again.

Good luck, and nice car.

the only other wheels id like under them are some watanabe rs. Either that im good with the starions. I like my car to have an aggressive wheel fitment because it really makes the car. Unless my plans change the exterior should stay as is. the supra has a nice look already, all mine really needed was some aggressive wheels and thats it. Now its time for me to save up for the engine

jdmmk3

Jun 25, 2010
Manchester
Just got another goodie for my car. Custom plexiglass box designed for 12hz. The bass will hit low as hell. Back in the day my father was into car audio and still is. he has about 4 of these type of plexiglass boxes but they dont fit in the supra. This one is from my uncle and fits perfect. Im Going to send the speakers out to be repaired due to the fact that the box is designed for these subs or if i can find some gti1000s it will replace them. the subs are 600rms but can handle 1000 all day.
p1701526_1.jpg

jdmmk3

Jun 25, 2010
Manchester
92nsx;1701575 said:
you need one of these ;) ( NO, this one is not for sale )

p1701582_1.jpg

guess u answered my question haha, im gunna need a amp to run these. i like the old school rockfords, even i have some amps like a a600.2 ppi art series lying around that i love because it puts out clean power but its not stable at 1 ohm and i want to run the subs to there capabilities so i am going to run a bd1500 and modd it like many others have to put out clean and reliable power. it should sound better than my camry once i am done

jdmmk3

Jun 25, 2010
Manchester
Well i seen a bmw with angel eyes and i loved they way they look..soo i picked up these
p1702826_1.jpg

Gunna start these retrofits tommorow since its raining over here in ct and i have work in 20min. if they look good Im looking into making these for my brother and my father since they seem to like the idea as well. ill make sure to post plenty of pictures

jdmmk3

Jun 25, 2010
Manchester
Havent updated this thing in a while, been pretty busy with work and trying to end my sophomore year at school with decent grades haha. at school i have been playing around with mastercam and the cnc mill..have a couple ideas that need to be put to work. heres me just playing around with some scrap:
p1720060_1.jpg
also got my engine..really just need a 1jz bellhousing and flywheel. and got my turbo. Hx35, no shaft play or anything in mint condition. got a lucky deal on it. heres acouple pics of me prepping it and it:
p1720060_2.jpg
p1720060_3.jpg

and for today i had the day off today so i guess id wash and wax the poopra since i havent yet. heres some pics :
p1720060_4.jpg
p1720060_5.jpg
p1720060_6.jpg

---------- Post added at 09:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 PM ----------

mlddjb;1706512 said:
car looks good

thanks. never would i imagine to find one in this good cond