MKIII drifting

JPsToyota

Sep 17, 2008
East-Central, FL
He needs to hold the power longer, it's kicking him everywhere when he lets off too early coming out of a corner. He's probably learning, everyone has to learn how a sliding car behaves sometime.

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
Newark, New Jersey, United States
i wanna see videos from those who say they can drift better :) Go head... prove me wrong :) I just want to see more videos lolol

atleast he's driving it hard and enjoying it. Who cares how ugly it may look. He'll eventually get better (maybe) haha

Flateric

Mar 26, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Ya that was some damn fine drifting in my uneducated eye just before this post.

But I'll also say that the first posts in this thread are only, about, say.......10 million time sbetter than I could do I'm sure. And everyone has to start somewhere, I'd say good for him, he's out there and giving it a go.

He did look alot better than most of the cars all around him also.

Nice looking MKIII in both cases for sure.

So don't bend em ok?

Stretch

Tallest MK3 driver ever!!
Mar 30, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Pernilongo;1408474 said:
I wanna know who brought the beetle and that benz in the second video and that were they thinking. i think there is also an Aveo and a guy on an ATV.

I wasn't sure if it was a track or just some driving through regular traffic ;)
eric

Amtrack

Apr 5, 2006
Germany
LordDigital;1414903 said:
This looks like the German GP track

It is indeed, it`s the "Hockenheim" track over here in Germany.

Probably every single person with internet and a bit addicted to cars knows those vids of the JUN Evo drifting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0noGfrS-kQ&feature=PlayList&p=0877235AA2DE7998&index=0&playnext=1

that was filmed in Hockenheim too (and yes, I was there at that day :D).

But nice to see a MK3 Supra being used instead of being repaired :biglaugh: even if the drifting wasn`t very good.

Let´s wait a year or two, maybe he is better then (or maybe he smashed his car into a wall...).

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
7Matt-GE;1456371 said:
oh man! that guy in the first post couldn't drift at all...no offense but try using the E-break if you can't do it any other way :p

Maybe if it were hydraulic, but cable style... rip on it too much and bye-bye cable.

Driver in first vid should get an auto and learn on that >.<

Hmong_1G

Name the Place and time.
Dec 31, 2008
California
Yeaaa That is absolutely not drifting. Drifting is controlled. It's the driver and the car. just casue the car is RWD eveyone thinks they can drift. OOO yea.. oversteer aka I'm drifting.:nono:

supramk3speed

Dec 4, 2008
Texas
Just about everyone with a mk3 i have seen has been very mediocre at drifting. One of the guys i seen on here who drifted his car in that parking garage was pretty good.

7Matt-GE

Nov 18, 2009
Becker, Minnesota
supramk3speed;1456461 said:
Just about everyone with a mk3 i have seen has been very mediocre at drifting. One of the guys i seen on here who drifted his car in that parking garage was pretty good.

i drifted my subaru in the winter on the roof of a parking garage...that didnt end well :cry: there's a huge spat of bondo on the left rear reminding me everyday of it

northwestsupra

Sep 19, 2006
Washington, Marysville