MKIII Door Fitment?

SlickA70

^^ Is the shit ;p
Nov 11, 2009
Calgary AB Canada
What's up everyone?

Just got my hands on a MKIII and am really curious:

Will 1989 doors fit a 1988 Targa Top Supra?

Are they the same car in terms of body?

I know the bumper, tails, spoiler, etc changed but did anything else change? (Other then bolt ons parts)

Thanks for any help !!! :biglaugh:

slightly_red_MA70

Holy S*** I own a Racecar
Jan 24, 2009
Canada
The plugs for the wiring changed from 88 to 89 to a different shape, I found that out the hard way when I had to switch over the wires from one plug to the other. Thats about the only problem

EdT.Mk3

Sorta Secret Supra
Aug 21, 2008
San Diego
The wiring is pretty simple to remove. It's 1 piece with the plug for your windows/speakers that runs through the door to the kick panel.

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
if the door is not off another targa car, your car might flex, as the door acts like a structural member when the targa is off..

like wise, you can't put a targa door onto a hardtop car, unless you remove the hook it uses to lock into the body..

SlickA70

^^ Is the shit ;p
Nov 11, 2009
Calgary AB Canada
RazoE;1450882 said:
if the door is not off another targa car, your car might flex, as the door acts like a structural member when the targa is off..

like wise, you can't put a targa door onto a hardtop car, unless you remove the hook it uses to lock into the body..

Shit, so do I have anything to worry about seriously?

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
it won't be too bad, depends on your car, if it's had the top off almost all its life and if the subframe hasn't been tightened and stuff, it'll feel noodly...

but if it's been taken care of an everything's nice and tight, don't see why it'd be a problem..