MKIII- Carbon Fiber Regulus Nose Panel: Interest Of Group Buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

tito

Apr 6, 2011
California
Could you please add me to the list as well. I also wanted to ask where the shop is located and if pick up would be possible instead of shipping to save on cost

SWD Fredester 3

Supramania Contributor
Apr 25, 2008
baltimore maryland
Damn Noel, your list is growing fast! Next piece you might want to think about is the Regulus rear in CF. Think I'd keep this piece in full CF rather than ghost painting it in. The one on my car is original in fiberglass. Then there is always the Regulus sides, never thought I liked them that much until I saw them on a members car on here. I think they are actually nice, not as heavy looking as the Bomex sides.

T701jz

3M ENGINEER - R.&.D
Jul 23, 2005
Santa Clarita Ca.
I was hesitating to break the news to you guys and I guess I have to now as I told him it's too pricey and it's cancel.

I had a meet with the owner this pass Sunday morning and unfortunately I couldn't bring the cost down from $350 + shipping $155.@ 48 states. Remind you I still need to repair the nose panel with my own money. My last Group Buy I added $25 on top of the MFG/GB cost to make up for my lost in fabricating/customizing the OEM hood and not to mention my time/gas not even covered... :nono:

If you guys are still Ready and Game to make this happen Then I want to hear "What's Your PayPal Account Noel?"....payment sent :biglaugh:

SORRY GUYS!!

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
T701jz;1843742 said:
I was hesitating to break the news to you guys and I guess I have to now as I told him it's too pricey and it's cancel.

I had a meet with the owner this pass Sunday morning and unfortunately I couldn't bring the cost down from $350 + shipping $155.@ 48 states.
I have to ask, why so much on the shipping Noel? The panel shouldn't exceed 5 lbs... I understand the size is a bit large when you package it securely, but that seems somewhat high to me.

T701jz

3M ENGINEER - R.&.D
Jul 23, 2005
Santa Clarita Ca.
Warlock1;1843990 said:
I would question that shipping as well, but I also can't see 350 for the part either. What can I say I'm a MKIII owner

I'm thinking exactly the same why this wasn't going to fly. The Vendor was charging us for the mold + parts. If this mold is the only one around then he might have a different price for us.

Last edited:

T701jz

3M ENGINEER - R.&.D
Jul 23, 2005
Santa Clarita Ca.
te72;1843985 said:
I have to ask, why so much on the shipping Noel? The panel shouldn't exceed 5 lbs... I understand the size is a bit large when you package it securely, but that seems somewhat high to me.
Brad, The vendor/owner mentioned it's the sixe and not the lbs. Normally he would have to use FedEx or UPS for this. Their conveyors are not wide enough to accommodate the size of this package. What will happen it will get stuck in the conveyor gate and get damage. The insurance will not cover this type of part/material at all. $155 shipping was the worse case scenario and not yet set in stone.

The OEM carbon fiber nose panel is price @ $329 so thinking about it I would pay $350 for a quality CF-Regulus nose panel...That's just me though.

Last edited:

SWD Fredester 3

Supramania Contributor
Apr 25, 2008
baltimore maryland
T701jz;1844144 said:
Brad, The vendor/owner mentioned it's the sixe and not the lbs. Normally he would have to use FedEx or UPS for this. Their conveyors are not wide enough to accommodate the size of this package. What it will happen it will get stuck in the conveyor gate and get damage. The insurance will not cover this type of part/material at all. $155 shipping was the worse case scenario and not yet set in stone.

The OEM carbon fiber nose panel is price @ $329 so thinking about it I would pay $350 for a quality CF-Regulus nose panel...That's just me though.

Should check back on the previous GB for the Regulus nose panel. I can not remember what the total was for that but I don't think shipping was any more than $80.00?

T701jz

3M ENGINEER - R.&.D
Jul 23, 2005
Santa Clarita Ca.
SWD Fredester 3;1844180 said:
Should check back on the previous GB for the Regulus nose panel. I can not remember what the total was for that but I don't think shipping was any more than $80.00?
Yeah, in the vendors site (advancarbon.com) it says $90 and maybe it will be just in the low $100. Remind you that $80 was back 3 years ago. You can't ship anything now below $100 with this size package...I inquired already.

SWD Fredester 3

Supramania Contributor
Apr 25, 2008
baltimore maryland
T701jz;1844189 said:
Yeah, in the vendors site (advancarbon.com) it says $90 and maybe it will be just in the low $100. Remind you that $80 was back 3 years ago. You can't ship anything now below $100 with this size package...I inquired already.

Very true Noel, fuel cost is driving everything up. Anyway, $350. for the CF Regulus panel is OK with me.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
T701jz;1844144 said:
Brad, The vendor/owner mentioned it's the sixe and not the lbs. Normally he would have to use FedEx or UPS for this. Their conveyors are not wide enough to accommodate the size of this package. What will happen it will get stuck in the conveyor gate and get damage. The insurance will not cover this type of part/material at all. $155 shipping was the worse case scenario and not yet set in stone.

I think $350 would be a fair price for the panel, I paid something like $300 for the last replica that was built, and a better built one would be worth the extra $50 for me. $100 for shipping doesn't seem all that bad, but the way I do shipping at our work, a package is shipped by weight through UPS. A box that I could fit in that weighs 120 lbs shipped to you would cost the same as a box of solid steel that weighs 120 lbs.

That's why I found the shipping price a bit odd... Places that ship a lot usually get really good rates through UPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.