mk4 tt brakes on mk3???

blackie87t

Sep 21, 2010
st. louis
hey guys my dad has a twin turbo mk4 and got big brakes on the front. he has the stock fronts sitting in my basement and i was wondering what do i all need to convert them onto my 87 turbo. someone told me i needed to find a hub off some lexus, but i wasnt for sure or not. any help would be appreciated. thanks!

Ozz89supra

Ozzy
Feb 22, 2009
Phoenix
not sure on the MK3, but on lexus sc300 they are literally a bolt on "bbk". maybe thats the hub he is talking about?

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
If you use the hub the wheels will not sit right in the fender well. Best bet to use them would be to mock it up and make a custom braket. Takes some time and lots of accurate measurements and then take it to a machinist and have them made.

Flateric

Mar 26, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
There is more to it than this unfortunately. Which is why it is not done more often on the MKIII. The spindle is not a direct fit either. And the calipers are problematic for not only brackets, but they are huge, heavy aqnd of course will not fit inside of sawblades and many others.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Not to mention expensive as hell when there's better options on the market. I'd sell em and buy a MKIII specific BBK, but that's just me...

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Sethron71 is coming up with a new bbk. If not that there is also arz which his kit is phenomenal and has very nice options for a tad more money than what seths kit is going to be.

blackie87t

Sep 21, 2010
st. louis
yea i would sell them. i was going to put them on my first mk3 a while ago but never did. i bought new brembo drilled and slotted rotors for them as well as some hawk pads i believe. see how much he would wanna give me and we can go from there.