Mk4 injectors and stinger ?s

boostindoo

Jul 18, 2006
raleigh
Does anyone know if I can run the mk4 550cc injectors
with the stinger without the resistor wired in???

It does have settings to set different impedences.....

Thanks

10secdream

Got Boost?
Sep 11, 2007
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Are you sure you can run it without the resistor? I am pretty sure the injector drivers cannot support that amperage hence why the resistor box is necessary. I would personally not run them without a resistor box. I am using a resistor box on my MK4 injectors using the stinger and it works fine.

10secdream

Got Boost?
Sep 11, 2007
10secdream;1401739 said:
Are you sure you can run it without the resistor? I am pretty sure the injector drivers cannot support that amperage hence why the resistor box is necessary. I would personally not run them without a resistor box. I am using a resistor box on my MK4 injectors using the stinger and it works fine.

I just read the manual and you can run low impedance injectors without the box. Just make sure you wire them in series and only run 2 injectors per driver. The max current per driver is 4 amps.

boostindoo

Jul 18, 2006
raleigh
i got the pnp harness from driftmotion when i got the stinger, how are the injectors wired when they wire it up??

i checked the resistance for the mk4 injectors and they were 3ohms. i set it to 1.2ohms in the stinger.....what do u guys think?

10secdream

Got Boost?
Sep 11, 2007
The factory injectors are wired in parallel so you will have to rewire the injectors to get this to work. You do not have to touch the wiring for the pnp harness just the power wires going to each injector. Like I said you need to put the pairs in series now. So pair up 1-4, 2-5 and 3-6.

boostindoo

Jul 18, 2006
raleigh
I'm just gonna wire in the resistor

I would run high impedance injectors, because they will be wired in parallel pairs, effectively cutting the impedance in half. I believe it can run low impedance injectors in parallel, but its not the best way to go because it puts extra load on the ecu's injector outputs.

That's what Aaron sent me in an email after asking him....

Hey 10sec, do u have the impedences in the stinger set at 1.2ohms??