mk3 wire tuck

j3r3my

Jul 19, 2010
mass
ok just looking for any info you guys might have before i get balls deep into this..do i need to extend alot of wires? also any help or ideas youve guys have used on your tucks please share :biglaugh:

thanks again fellas

Captain

Sep 30, 2008
NM
Depends on how in depth you plan on getting. I only relocated the fuse/ relay box and there was a shit ton of wires I had to extend. Supposedly you can tuck it in the fender with minimal wiring though.

FernandoDLT

Apr 13, 2007
Texas
Theres a number of things you can do for wire tucking. Run the harness through the fenders as much as possible. Theres ground wires screwed into the fender, just screw them in from under the fender on the same hole. I deleted abs so I was able to use the factory holes to run my boost lines. It's just a lot of rerouting and playing with the harness to hide it. I'll take pics tomorrow and post them

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
run engine harness through a hole made right under the throttle cable. Cleans up the bay quite nice. Several members have done this including myself.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
On my 1j I cut a hole for the harness. And ran the fp relay in the fender and put and unneeded harness in there as well.

You can put the fuse box in the fender without doing any cutting. But makes te fuse box almost useless.

Just gotta use your head and see where you can put things without currying anything.

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Just go slow and think of how everything works. In my case I deleted a lot of things (pop-up headlights, A/C, heater, and a couple other things). My fuse box is located behind my glove box now and it was a royal PITA to do. 11 hours of chasing wires back and forth and removing unused wiring. If you go slow and be methodical you can have a pretty clean engine bay. If you want to take it a step further, you can shave your engine bay and weld up all the holes that aren't being used.

FernandoDLT

Apr 13, 2007
Texas
I didnt go crazy with my wire tuck but you get the idea...

Factory engine bay
p1825884_1.jpg

My engine bay
p1825884_2.jpg

p1825884_3.jpg

p1825884_4.jpg

FernandoDLT

Apr 13, 2007
Texas
I use RainX, I actually think a fresh coat works better than wipers and gives the car a much cleaner look. I keep a small concentrated bottle in my glove box. Try it next time it rains :)

jdmfreak

PACNW
Oct 8, 2010
north clark co. WA.
I live in Washington....aka the rain state... I tried rain x before... it worked for about a half a day then I used my wipers.......bad idea got soo streaky I had to pull over and scrub it off .... to each his own... wouldn't have had that problem if I didn't have wipers I guess :p

Sent from my C771

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
on my dads truck he uses rain x and honestly even when its raining pretty badly i dont have to use the wipers.

Warlock1

Mar 13, 2012
Surprise, AZ
xzeror;1825817 said:
run engine harness through a hole made right under the throttle cable. Cleans up the bay quite nice. Several members have done this including myself.

So instead of running the harness across the firewall and entering the passenger compartment, you run it through the firewall just under the throttle cable and route it behind the dash to the ECU? Do you have any pics of this?

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
I love the clean bay look, but when you have to remove fender liners to check fuses and relays its a little much.

Im anxious to see how clean my bay looks when im done with the new harness. Surely nowhere near as clean as the one pictured in this thread, but should be a more functional for a daily.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

FernandoDLT

Apr 13, 2007
Texas
No worries, I've been daily driving my car since 2007 and I've never had to touch any of the items I've tucked. I haven't tucked the fuse box but the only time I've ever had to open it was to pull my efi fuse to during my rebuild