mk3 vs. v-tak prelude

89turbotoy

2 89 supras 2jzgte/single
Jul 30, 2006
cincinnati
okay, i'm on my way home from work today in the left lane of the highway. the speed limit is 65 bu traffic is usually going 75 in the fast lane. there is a red prelude in front of me with a loud bumble bee souning exhaust going 60!! so i'm catching up fast and getting about 2 cars behind him trying to get him to move over. so he turn on his turn signal and starts to move over, so i start to speed up to pass him. i guess he finally relized it was a supra behind him and jumped back in front of me, downshifted to 4th and took off. i thought about it for a second and decided it would be ok to teach him a lesson b/c it was a long stretch of highway and there was no traffic. so i punch it (still in 5th) and move to the right lane, he has put 3-4 cars on me by now b/c i waited a second. so i start reeling him in. i can hear his very loud and annoying exhaust as i get to his rear bumper he is nearing redline in 4th and i'm @ undre 4k in fifth and pulling hard. i pass him @ about 110mph or so and just as i do he shifts into 5th and lets off. i wave and continue on smiling.

i think everyone knows my mods but here they are just in case
-full 3inch turbo back, cooleze intake pipe w/k&n, ct-26 50 trim @ 12psi, large fmic w/2.25 inch hard pipes. 4 puck spung clutch w/stock pressure plate and fly wheel.

cliffs: embarrased a v-tak prelude in my 89 soooopppprrraaa tuuurrrrboooo!

88jspec

By any Means Necessary...
Oct 3, 2005
Atlanta..Ga
great kill, you should have down shifted to 4th and roasted his ass from the beginning. he thought he was gone but you reeled him in real good...:thumbup:

toofast4urass

Feb 27, 2007
San Jose
that was a good kill. I've noticed for i donno a year or less in my 1987 na supra, that only a few cars are actually threats, or stand a challenge. like: rsx, rsx-s, v8 muscle cars, prelude, dohc vtec si hondas, and dohc vtec integra's. oh and srt-4 dodge neons. any1 else want to add to my list? Also remember guys im a na supra with like a intake, and like a carbon fiber trunk or somethin. got new sparkplugs, k@n airfilter, and rims but that isn't a mod haha. Happy RAcing!!

p.s. i'm going turbo probably before x-mas!

Anicrow

Jul 25, 2007
Colorado
toofast4urass said:
that was a good kill. I've noticed for i donno a year or less in my 1987 na supra, that only a few cars are actually threats, or stand a challenge. like: rsx, rsx-s, v8 muscle cars, prelude, dohc vtec si hondas, and dohc vtec integra's. oh and srt-4 dodge neons. any1 else want to add to my list? Also remember guys im a na supra with like a intake, and like a carbon fiber trunk or somethin. got new sparkplugs, k@n airfilter, and rims but that isn't a mod haha. Happy RAcing!!

p.s. i'm going turbo probably before x-mas!

Turbo'd Subaru's and Lancer Evo's are always ahead, but never gone :)

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
NA's are decent..

I pulled on my friend's RSX Type-S in my 89 N/A...

I wonder why, cause I've raced him before, and usually it's not even a race (Im left in the dust with my wheel-hoppin'....this time it was from a roll, might be why?)

thechori

supra-deprived
Oct 3, 2006
houston
RazoE said:
NA's are decent..

I pulled on my friend's RSX Type-S in my 89 N/A...

I wonder why, cause I've raced him before, and usually it's not even a race (Im left in the dust with my wheel-hoppin'....this time it was from a roll, might be why?)
was probably playing with you, type-s' are worthy opponents for 7MGTEs with basic BPUs

steven89

Jul 8, 2006
Houston, TX
thechori said:
was probably playing with you, type-s' are worthy opponents for 7MGTEs with basic BPUs

not the ones ive come across, ive left them in the dust.. and i wouldnt even consider myself fully BPU'd

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
thechori said:

Don't know, he seemed to be trying...

Ill ask him when I see him, but I know him personally; even helped him install his AEM cold-air intake on his other Type S...

trydrew

Suprafied
Nov 4, 2005
Earth
Nice kill Zac.. It would of been more cool if you downshifted or let him know that you didn't. lol I love highway driving in these cars.

Oh and are you finished with the sawbladz yet?

89turbotoy

Jul 30, 2006
cincinnati
trydrew said:
Nice kill Zac.. It would of been more cool if you downshifted or let him know that you didn't. lol I love highway driving in these cars.

Oh and are you finished with the sawbladz yet?
not yet man. my car is getting painted right now so when it comes back i'm gonna paint the wheels and then i'll pm you when i'm finished with the sawblades. but if you need some sooner pm me and i may be able to come across another set you can have.

trydrew

Suprafied
Nov 4, 2005
Earth
89turbotoy said:
not yet man. my car is getting painted right now so when it comes back i'm gonna paint the wheels and then i'll pm you when i'm finished with the sawblades. but if you need some sooner pm me and i may be able to come across another set you can have.
Nah, don't need them now, and definately don't have room for another set, unless they have tires.. :naughty:

thechori

supra-deprived
Oct 3, 2006
houston
steven89 said:
not the ones ive come across, ive left them in the dust.. and i wouldnt even consider myself fully BPU'd
by bpu i meant just a basic intake upgrade with a 3'' exhaust

aren't you running 550s with the lex afm and all that?

but i guess my statement about him playing around is all based from what i've heard people say about the type-s's, i've never run one before, nor am i turbo :0

steven89

Jul 8, 2006
Houston, TX
thechori said:
by bpu i meant just a basic intake upgrade with a 3'' exhaust

aren't you running 550s with the lex afm and all that?

but i guess my statement about him playing around is all based from what i've heard people say about the type-s's, i've never run one before, nor am i turbo :0

nor is your engine in one piece? :p

thechori

supra-deprived
Oct 3, 2006
houston
drivebyskeetaf1.gif

that would be me getting skeeted on by stephen, thanks mate

lawlzz

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
should have downshifted farther and destroyed him, but that's just me...

driver > car

I've seen a viper lose to a civic on the dragstrip because the viper roasted the tires all the way down the track...

89turbotoy

Jul 30, 2006
cincinnati
Poodles said:
should have downshifted farther and destroyed him, but that's just me...

driver > car

I've seen a viper lose to a civic on the dragstrip because the viper roasted the tires all the way down the track...
well the point was made. i beat him in 5th he knew i didn't downshift and he probably cried himself to sleep that night b/c he just spent 10k on a 96 prelude v-tec with some bolt ons and a car from 1989 roasted him without even having to downshift and without taching out the engine