Mk3 vs Integra Type R.

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
tturnpaw said:
lol arent they just cute though? I had to do it. Sorry, i just hope you dont plan to mod yours, because then i will stand corrected. Have you heard of that 8 sec metro with a GNX tt setup? Its pretty fast!

The only mods I'll be doing to mine are strictly for the sake of better gas mileage ;).

JoeC

Banned
Jul 10, 2006
Vancouver, Washington
this is officially the most productive thread I've ever made. I feel a tiny bit *less* intelligent. LOL.

Any ways. Got the maft pro in my car and my bro has been fine tuning it whenever he can. We have plans to go to PIR this weekend and race his friend's built honda that is supposively fast. Ordering my Ron R intake manifold this weekend and buying a bigger turbo soooon!

Fuzz420

Are U Here 2 take My Baby
JoeC said:
this is officially the most productive thread I've ever made. I feel a tiny bit *less* intelligent. LOL.

Any ways. Got the maft pro in my car and my bro has been fine tuning it whenever he can. We have plans to go to PIR this weekend and race his friend's built honda that is supposively fast. Ordering my Ron R intake manifold this weekend and buying a bigger turbo soooon!

Good Stuff JoeC :bigthumb:

ret

Geekin out
Nov 20, 2006
Lynchburg
www.cardomain.com
Boost Lee said:
Anything can drag?

Not so true.

If that's the case, "anything" can Auto-X as well.

-Jeff
I dunno, some cars simply have TOO much power to autocross effectively. Likewise, I wouldn't take a stock beetle to a drag strip, simply because it's not going that far that fast with it's 35hp. :p Regardless, it's not too difficult to built cars for either type of racing, but some cars are easier than others.

Frator

Jan 24, 2007
Lynchburg
the beetle is one hell of a speed demon. the 1/4 is faster than its 0-6 by 2 seconds, and the 1/4 is 22 seconds. Now thats fast!! Anyways regarding the autocross statement made the ITR wins DS nationally. It is the car to have for that class and it is very competitive in STX. The ITR was built for track purposes not the drag strip. Anyone that thinks a Honda can go fast in a straight line is a dumb ass. Now to say that honda is not reliable thats just retarded. N/A is the most reliable on the track and its been proven. Turbo cars have trouble with long endurance races due to the oil getting way to hot. Not saying you cant build a reliable turbo track car but N/A is definatly easier and more efficient. I ahvent ever seen a supra competitive in autocross for a reason. They are straight line cars unless you dump a shit ton of money into it.

tturnpaw

Supra Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2007
Everett, WA
Ok first of all a dsm won DS national championship in 04, i have barely seen any hondas in the autox classes other than the s2ks. Provide proof. The jdm ITR sure that was designed to be light, but can you prove autox capable? What about sway bar sizes, suspention setups, etc? Hondas can handle modified i know this. Everything youve said so far doesnt get to me but when you say N/A is MORE efficient?! Are you kidding? Boost is the most reliable and efficient setup you will EVER get! Too a point of course. 30psi on a stock honda will be bad. :) Boost just applies more stress for an extended period. But do not ever tell me N/A is more efficient.
Frator said:
Anyways regarding the autocross statement made the ITR wins DS nationally. It is the car to have for that class and it is very competitive in STX. The ITR was built for track purposes not the drag strip. Anyone that thinks a Honda can go fast in a straight line is a dumb ass. Now to say that honda is not reliable thats just retarded. N/A is the most reliable on the track and its been proven. Turbo cars have trouble with long endurance races due to the oil getting way to hot. Not saying you cant build a reliable turbo track car but N/A is definatly easier and more efficient. I ahvent ever seen a supra competitive in autocross for a reason. They are straight line cars unless you dump a shit ton of money into it.

86_sports_1jz

slow 700hp build...
Aug 27, 2006
OK
good kill on the itr, those are pretty quick from what i know. that thing is probably pretty close to 200 to the wheel cuz its probably i/h/e and mayb more. just w/ that stuff a itr can run anywhere from low 14s to high 13s depending on the driver. i love hondas and they are some good cars. a supra is a good car to but now days its harder for a supra to bet a honda w/ 200+ to the wheels. my daily drive is a 04 civic si w/ a rsx-s engine w/ i/e/race header, a standalone hondata kpro, and tune and i made 207 hp and 156 tq. that thing is pretty quick. if i still had my 7m i think my 7m probably would lose to it knowing it only weighs 2800lbs vs. the supra's 3600lbs, i know my other friends 7m would probably lose to it too and he dynoed 286hp and 324 tq too bad he blew his motor b4 we could race. now i'm scared to race my 1j against my civic thinking i might lose to it. these damn new honda engines are running pretty damn good so good kill

Last edited:

1jzneil

1jz destroyer
Feb 25, 2006
warren, michigan
hodas and supras can both be great in autox ! they would definatly be competing in different classes anyways i would think. with mild suspension mods in a honda you can corner so fast your 2 inside wheels can come off the ground and still make the turn. granted a supra can pull a full g in a corner with good tires , because of the weight and large size and, the severity of some of the turns a supra may have to take them slower to avoid a spin-out (unless you drift it) . apples and oranges here folks. it will really boil down to the driver and not the car i think.

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
What is all this talk about your guys' Supra's weighing 3600+ lbs?

Freakin' boats. :naughty:

3,328lbs to date - WITH junk in the trunk. ;)

-Jeff

ret

Geekin out
Nov 20, 2006
Lynchburg
www.cardomain.com
1jzneil said:
hodas and supras can both be great in autox ! they would definatly be competing in different classes anyways i would think. with mild suspension mods in a honda you can corner so fast your 2 inside wheels can come off the ground and still make the turn. granted a supra can pull a full g in a corner with good tires , because of the weight and large size and, the severity of some of the turns a supra may have to take them slower to avoid a spin-out (unless you drift it) . apples and oranges here folks. it will really boil down to the driver and not the car i think.
More like apples and hammers. Supras and ITRs are pretty much polar opposites. Supras have the weight, size, turbos, RWD, and top speed. ITRs are lighter, smaller, NA, FWD and can accelerate. Unfortunately, top speed doesn't get you all that far in autocross, and some courses won't even give the turbos much opportunity to spool, so while supras CAN autocross, ITRs can handle it a bit better stock. And like Frator said, you'll be dumping a LOT of money into Supras to make them true AutoX cars. Still fun, none the less.

tturnpaw

Supra Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2007
Everett, WA
weight is also good for cornering. it helps even weight distribution rather than notchy like a civic hatch. Bouncing in the corner will cause you to lose traction and create understeer. After that, a honda will usually bog unless modified. Look at corvettes, mustangs, and camaros. They are usually in the top 10 in their class of most autoxs.

gp-7mgte

Ramrod
May 29, 2005
under my hood
Wow with all this talk of honda love i am surprise nobody brought up the K series motors (fanning the flame). I raced a K-series swaped eg hatch that shit was fast, destroyed me off a roll. i only had ebc, 3' tbe, k&n intake so there was no surprise in him beating the crap out of me. i later saw the same hatch at e-twon running mid to low 12's with slicks. i hate ricers ass much the next guy but a clean, built honda i give my respect just like any other car import or domestic.

ret

Geekin out
Nov 20, 2006
Lynchburg
www.cardomain.com
tturnpaw said:
weight is also good for cornering. it helps even weight distribution rather than notchy like a civic hatch. Bouncing in the corner will cause you to lose traction and create understeer. After that, a honda will usually bog unless modified. Look at corvettes, mustangs, and camaros. They are usually in the top 10 in their class of most autoxs.
Vettes will tear it up, no doubt, but I've actually never (personally, at least) seen Camaros or Mustangs do too well. I have seen a Boss stall at a test and tune, though, which was funny because it seemed like the only reason he was there was to show off the damn thing, he revved it to hell. Funny stuff. :D

gp-7mgte said:
Wow with all this talk of honda love i am surprise nobody brought up the K series motors (fanning the flame). I raced a K-series swaped eg hatch that shit was fast, destroyed me off a roll. i only had ebc, 3' tbe, k&n intake so there was no surprise in him beating the crap out of me. i later saw the same hatch at e-twon running mid to low 12's with slicks. i hate ricers ass much the next guy but a clean, built honda i give my respect just like any other car import or domestic.
The K20 throws down about 200 ponies, so it's no shock that throwing that in a car that weighs like 2200 lbs will crush a few cars. Hondas are also surprisingly quick from a roll, they're always making power.

tturnpaw

Supra Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2007
Everett, WA
Check out online videos. Mustangs are one of the most moddable cars there is, and you can do pretty much any possible thing you can think of to them. Considering im doing a steeda 5-link rear end, with coilovers front and rear, and the weight balance is pretty much even front to back from factory, i believe its going to handle quite well ;)
Oh and my friend with the 3kgt told me the other day he got passed on our windy lake road by a fox body stang and hes got k-sports, sway bars, and poly bushings. I found that interesting considering the 3kgt is one of the best handling cars out there.

tturnpaw

Supra Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2007
Everett, WA
The K20 is a great motor no doubt (especially for honda) and put into a hatch it wont take much to go fast. I have only heard of "tuners" using that engine, as they can afford it and know what theyre doing. Of course the acceleration factor is probably provided with the 6 speed. That is, if he spent the time to swap it.

ret

Geekin out
Nov 20, 2006
Lynchburg
www.cardomain.com
The K20's only compatible transmission is the 6 speed, I believe. If I'm recalling correctly, the engines are designed to couple up specifically for the engine codes. Like the b16 can only be coupled with b-series transmissions. I could be wrong, though.

And the K series is actually pretty expensive. Last I checked it was around $6000 for the engine and tranny. Well, that's expensive to me at least, because I got my Supra with the jz swap for less than that. :)

gp-7mgte

Ramrod
May 29, 2005
under my hood
tturnpaw said:
The K20 is a great motor no doubt (especially for honda) and put into a hatch it wont take much to go fast. I have only heard of "tuners" using that engine, as they can afford it and know what theyre doing. Of course the acceleration factor is probably provided with the 6 speed. That is, if he spent the time to swap it.
i dont remember if he did a six speed with the swap, i am also dont remeber what head and bottom end combo he used (k20 head/k24 bottom end) but i do know that it had some head work. i am sure a straight swap would yield high to mid 13's in a eg. but i didnt take that race to seriously i knew what he had so i knew i was going to lose i just wanted a measuring stick. i had fun that night because that night i raped like half dozen other civics/integras with gsr B16 swaps so i didnt feel to bad but it just brought me back down to earth. he also put a rsx gauge cluster in it which looked pretty cool.

tturnpaw

Supra Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2007
Everett, WA
negative, they also have tiptronic autos and they can use another type of transmission, but im not positive. CRVs have a 5 speed i know. And if youre paying 6k youre an idiot. or just rich
ret said:
The K20's only compatible transmission is the 6 speed, I believe. If I'm recalling correctly, the engines are designed to couple up specifically for the engine codes. Like the b16 can only be coupled with b-series transmissions. I could be wrong, though.

And the K series is actually pretty expensive. Last I checked it was around $6000 for the engine and tranny. Well, that's expensive to me at least, because I got my Supra with the jz swap for less than that. :)