Mk3 vs Integra Type R.

MKivSupra_Rob

INLINE6
Jan 22, 2006
Wpg
Frator said:
VTEC was around way before VVT-i. And A/C was optional on 97/98 and standard on 00/01.

they;re both just valve variable timing. big deal. i dont think any specific car company solely owns the right to that. the thing is that you honda guys act like its the most amazing thing in the world, which is sad. As for supras having ALL their power from turbos, a NA Still makes more power then your honda.

Ken

Apr 6, 2005
Houston, TX
MKivSupra_Rob said:
they;re both just valve variable timing. big deal. i dont think any specific car company solely owns the right to that. the thing is that you honda guys act like its the most amazing thing in the world, which is sad. As for supras having ALL their power from turbos, a NA Still makes more power then your honda.

That's true an N/A supra makes more power than a Honda, but you have to remember it also has way more displacement. For being N/A, you can't deny the fact that the hp/liter of their higher performance engines are damn impressive. Their BSFC is generally better than that of Toyotas, but if it's not making the big power to the rear wheels, most people don't care.

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Frator said:
Honestly I have nothig against you toyota guys. I know there are alot of ricer lsers that give honda a bad name, but there are some purists out there. There are USDM ITR's for those of you that dont think they exist. They cam with the B18C5 a 195hp 130tq. The GS-R came with the B18C1 a 170hp 128tq. The horsepower ratings are alittl higher for these cars in JDM land due to higher compression. And honda makes up for torque with its gearing. I think all you toyota guys need to stop giving Honda a bunch of shit. At least we dont have to get all our power with a turbo. And if you didnt notice your little VVTI is just a cheap ass nock off of VTEC.

You know, I've taken into effect your last couple of posts...and I completely understand where you are coming from with backing Honda and their standards they have set in the import community throughout the years...

But when you come onto a Supra biased community and start ragging on Supra's with stuff like "At least we dont have to get all our power with a turbo" type of bullsh*t, that just irritates the hell out of me.

Now, as for ragging on Hondas in general, not necessarily an ITR, understand that it's very damn well known that idiotic teenage kids have given Honda a bad name...Same goes with ANY car (Including Supras). No doubt about that... But it's not everyday that you pass a Supra on the streets with a 25" tall wing, APC stickers and a fartcan that gives "I'm actually doing 30mph when it sounds like I'm doing 100mph" sound.

Don't get me wrong or take this the wrong way, Not EVERY Honda owner is a dipshit, uneducated teen that doesn't know what they're doing. Some of the fastest street cars I've ever seen have been Honda's...so don't think for one second that I (nor a majority) of Supra owners on these boards don't appreciate a true Honda...

But at the end of the day, when all our troubles come a hault, we need something to giggle and laugh at.

Don't take this as criticism or even ranting for that matter, but just try to look at it from our point of views and understand that not everyone has complete disrespect for a Honda.

-Jeff

ret

Geekin out
Nov 20, 2006
Lynchburg
www.cardomain.com
Oi. :nono:

Frady, Toyota and Honda aren't the only manufacturers that use variable valve timing. Mitsu, for example. Also, no one said 195 out of a 1.8 is a fluke, so I have no idea where you got that from.

Rob, keep in mind that the NAs use a 3 liter 6 cyl, and the ITR is a 1.8 4-banger, not exactly on the same page, and there's not a big difference in terms of power. Torque, on the other hand... but that's to be expected from an engine that's nearly twice as roomy.

Frator

Jan 24, 2007
Lynchburg
exactly my point, and the lack of torque is made up by gearing. I agree with you jeff and take no offense by what you said. It just seems like there is a lot of hate from this end. I hate the stupid ricer as much as the next guy but to generalize honda as being all abou tthat ricer image is just flat out wrong.

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Agreed!

And by all means, when I see that super clean/impressive Honda, I'll go out of my way to make a sensible compliment to the owner!

I'm ready and willing to stand up and admit that I've been beat by a Honda.
(Although, it was turbo (twice as big as mine) and weighed 1900lbs, I was still beat. I cannot and will refuse to "talk trash" about a well maintained and built Honda...but for a majority of the retards I see daily, it just disappoints and frusterates the hell out of me...and for that reason, is why you'll see Boost Lee make those occaisionally comments amungst the ricers and the way they act. :)....But to sum it up, for myself...

1,xxx lbs, little displacement, all motor, FWD........Fast...but not my cup of tea (although I do respect it).

I'd much rather and much prefer the feeling of an inline Six dumping you back in your seat after that turbo decides to start spooling up. :D

-Jeff

JesseH

Nov 12, 2005
Englewood, Ohio, United States
Frator said:
Yea i was alittle contradictiry, i will agree with that. And you are right i shouldnt take that shit talking to heart, but they really have no reason to shit talk. They should be able to appreciate a reliable track car which the ITR is. honda didnt go turbo for a reason. I hope some of you toyota guys take a step back and look at the great things honda has done. Im not try to start a fight but someone on this forum needs to stick up for honda. I mean no one on hondatech bashes toyota. Half those guys are rocking ae86's.
well.. not too many people are going to stick up for honda because..well... this is a toyota board....if anybody wanted to talk about hondas or support them they would go to a honda board, and vice versa......im sure all the other car enthusiasts will talk shit about each other because they like their own make including other boards that talk shit about toyota, does it look like anyone here really cares? And not everyone here is against honda, look around at the post....there are many post where members on here are say they are very reliable cars and many people use them as their DD, and even one post made by someone where he baught a turbo integra and got a lot of peoples support on it. And even If you try to argue the point with the people who down right hate honda, your not going to change their mind, they are entitled to their opinion thats just my .02

JoeC

Banned
Jul 10, 2006
Vancouver, Washington
My roomate owns a prelude 2.0SI and visits a honda forum daily and a lot of them do like supras, although there are some who believe the whole dyno queen thing.

I decided I definantly did not pull him as HARD as I wanted. So I am going 66/67mm t4 turbo. =D

AF1JZ

Almost civilian status...
Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
Look at the info in my sig. I'm not bias at all. Then again, I'm not one of your typical honda owners with the big wing/fartcan. I guess you could say that I like good gas mileage and reliability in one car. I love my Supra and love my Honda's.

MKivSupra_Rob

INLINE6
Jan 22, 2006
Wpg
ret said:
Oi. :nono:

Rob, keep in mind that the NAs use a 3 liter 6 cyl, and the ITR is a 1.8 4-banger, not exactly on the same page, and there's not a big difference in terms of power. Torque, on the other hand... but that's to be expected from an engine that's nearly twice as roomy.

oh i completely understand, i was just mentioning that not all the power is from the turbo.

Frator

Jan 24, 2007
Lynchburg
Just thought id pop back in to show you guys this.
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1906430&page=1

a thread on honda-tech making fun of ricers. The real honda enthusiests who roam that forum hate ricers just as much as you guys do. Anyways the whole reason i posted in this forum is to just stick up for the hondas. I didnt mean to start a fight or anything. Thanks in advanve for seeing where im coming from.

JoeC

Banned
Jul 10, 2006
Vancouver, Washington
Whats sad about that thread is all of those people with the wood wings and shit are making fun of hondas.. NOT ricers lol.. Go into a honda forum and look at how many of them have full indiglo gauges and a cold air intake with stickers on their car. LOTS.

jam4484

MKIII Lover
Jul 24, 2005
Tolland CT
I want to start off by saying nice kill to the original poster.

As far as this itr nutswinger...they are nice cars, but they are not this comminities cup of tea. I have oned two hondas in my life, one a 90 2door accord with an h22 in it and then a 89 crx si with a d16z6 and homemade turbo kit on it and they were both fun cars, but fwd is not what I like. You should not come onto a toyota specific site and give honda the reach around unless you are asking for trouble:3d_frown: . I have a lot more to say because I love every kind of car as long as it is done nicely, but it seems a lot of honda guys are all honda and that's it.

Jon Martens

GotBoost?

I do
Nov 25, 2005
By My Computer
Good kill, but no huge deal. I easily beat an Integra GSR a few years ago, with my i/e/bc 90 Turbo. Twice. It was no sweat.
Hondas get a bad rap mainly because of the retards who get a Civic and rice it out. The car is cheap, easy to find and easy to work on, so they ruin it. A Honda purist can build a killer Civic or Integra, and they're tons of fun to drive.
My wife drives a Legend, which has more than plenty of power and torque. I own two Civics, both stock. They are very slow, but make fine daily drivers. I'll venture to say lots of people who knock on Hondas have never driven one, or have only been on a Civic. Test drive a 2005 Si Civic, and decide for yourself.
I have nothing but love for the Supra (I own 3 Turbos). Honda designs and builds their cars to be efficient: to produce the most with the least, which leads to some very interesting exchange possibilities. Toyota does so, but to a much lesser degree, from what I've seen. It would have been pretty cool if the mkiv tt front brakes would easily swap into the mkiii. Maybe someone can make them swap, but the keyword here is easily. Such exchangeability is possible among Hondas, and the Civic benefits from it pretty well. Otoh, Honda owners should keep in mind Civics, Integras (same chassis, but heavier and more luxurious), Accords (and Preludes, to a lesser degree) are econobox-based, no sports car material, and with enough cash, anything can go fast. The S2000 is not econobox based, but for the money I'd rather get me some kind of Supra. The NSX is sexy as hell, and makes lots of sense if one appreciates his/her driver's license (i.e. is fast, but not insane fast), and I'll own one someday.

Cliffs: Not everybody is a ricer, not everybody likes the same thing i like. Variety is good.

GotBoost?

I do
Nov 25, 2005
By My Computer
Intake, exhaust, boost controller. By far the best bang for the buck supra setup. Based on my dyno experience, the 3 inch exhaust alone is good for about 40 whp.