Mk3 vs Integra Type R.

AF1JZ

Almost civilian status...
Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
Only thing I hated about fwd is the traction. They are good if you are getting going from like 40mph. I'll tell you one thing I do like about fwd is in the snow.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Honestly guys, you can't complain about traction in front wheel drive cars until you're dealing with it. A friend of mine drives an old front wheel drive turbo Laser, he's pulling high 11 second passes at the strip. That's more traction that you will ever need on the street, and more than good enough for racing.

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
GrimJack said:
Honestly guys, you can't complain about traction in front wheel drive cars until you're dealing with it. A friend of mine drives an old front wheel drive turbo Laser, he's pulling high 11 second passes at the strip. That's more traction that you will ever need on the street, and more than good enough for racing.

He got that going again? I can't wait to see it this year! Also remember Braun? His 556 RWHP golf? :biglaugh:

Duane

Ken

Apr 6, 2005
Houston, TX
2kV6 said:
I was always wondering what your user name meant.

lol yeah, I get that a lot. The ITRs came with a slick numbered badge on the center console which are the numbers in my screen name.

89supturbo said:
FWD is a horrible platform for any kind of racing and generlly creates alot of understeer do you know how many g's they can pull though? plus they have no tourque and it a TYPE R for gods sake

FWD may not be ideal, but from experience, my ITR on apex'i coilovers was the best handling car I've driven besides an S2000. Even in stock form, it was very common to see ITRs pull .92-.95g on the skidpad. That's pretty damn good for a factory FWD car. And torque? come on, that wasnt even a priority when Honda made the car. The highlight of the car is its lightweight and handling capability. FFS, it came with a 1.8, of course it's not going to have any torque. Honda knows this, and they aren't going to break the laws of physics to satisfy everyone. You are totally missing the point.

Last edited:

ret

Geekin out
Nov 20, 2006
Lynchburg
www.cardomain.com
HellsLegion said:
In America, we never got the type "R"

We got a GSR. Not as cool.

Most people with supras wont understand why a Type R is special or really care, So I wont list it.

But none the less! Nice kill, Dont let them hate on you.
supraracer49 said:
No there were no ITR's in the states but I guess u could convert a gsr or ls to look like one. Nice kill thats going to be me killing my friends when he gets one lol!
As already stated a few times, there's ITRs in the states. Plenty of them, given they're not identical to the JDMs, but how many cars are?
HellsLegion said:
Maybe actually.

The type R's real main difference is.... Its corner balanced, from the factory, Its front wheel drive and will probably be able to pull harder on a skidpad than a lot of Rear drive cars.

I like the extra cup holder....
The main difference is there's no cruise control, different interior all the way around, no sunroof, no sound insulation, the b18c5, LSD, the transmission and gearing, larger breaks, different wheels. Hell, Honda even went as far as to install a thinner windshield to shave weight from the GS-R to the ITR. Not to mention a few other details...

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
suprahero said:
Jeff, That's one of the best sigs ever...............:love:

Thanks! :icon_bigg I actually chopped it up in MS Paint (of course) in like 5 minutes,....lol. I think it's purrrrrfect. :biglaugh:

I made it because I don't think some people realize the irony in it being that I'm Asian (so is Bruce Lee) and my last name is Lee (Jeff Lee). Neat, huh? :biglaugh:

suprahero said:
Kyle, The extra cup holder= more weight that they can't make up for in power........:biglaugh:

Hehe. Kyle, you know I was only pushing your buttons...

Your VTAK buttons...........:runaway: J/k.........:eek3: lol

Frator

Jan 24, 2007
Lynchburg
GrimJack said:
You forgot to mention that they didn't come with factory air conditioning. FTL!

Mine came with AC and they don't have an extra cup holder they have the same one as the GS-R.

Last edited:

Ken

Apr 6, 2005
Houston, TX
Frator said:
Mine came with AC and they don't have an extra cup holder they have the same one as the GS-R.

yeah, mine came with A/C as well. In the USA, '97 and '98 model years didn't come with A/C standard, but it was an available option. And when the ITR came back to the US market in '00, A/C was standard.

Boost Lee said:
...*heh hem*...

Who is we?

:runaway:

Asians all look alike. One time as a child I got lost in one of those Asian supermarkets and accidently went home with an Asian family who I thought was my family. They didn't notice either because I looked like their son, and it was a giant Asian shitstorm. :1zhelp:

Frator

Jan 24, 2007
Lynchburg
Honestly I have nothig against you toyota guys. I know there are alot of ricer lsers that give honda a bad name, but there are some purists out there. There are USDM ITR's for those of you that dont think they exist. They cam with the B18C5 a 195hp 130tq. The GS-R came with the B18C1 a 170hp 128tq. The horsepower ratings are alittl higher for these cars in JDM land due to higher compression. And honda makes up for torque with its gearing. I think all you toyota guys need to stop giving Honda a bunch of shit. At least we dont have to get all our power with a turbo. And if you didnt notice your little VVTI is just a cheap ass nock off of VTEC.

Frator

Jan 24, 2007
Lynchburg
itr.00-1282 said:
yeah, mine came with A/C as well. In the USA, '97 and '98 model years didn't come with A/C standard, but it was an available option. And when the ITR came back to the US market in '00, A/C was standard.

Mine is a 98 and it came from the factory with AC.

Ken

Apr 6, 2005
Houston, TX
Frator said:
Honestly I have nothig against you toyota guys. I know there are alot of ricer lsers that give honda a bad name, but there are some purists out there. There are USDM ITR's for those of you that dont think they exist. They cam with the B18C5 a 195hp 130tq. The GS-R came with the B18C1 a 170hp 128tq. The horsepower ratings are alittl higher for these cars in JDM land due to higher compression. And honda makes up for torque with its gearing. I think all you toyota guys need to stop giving Honda a bunch of shit. At least we dont have to get all our power with a turbo. And if you didnt notice your little VVTI is just a cheap ass nock off of VTEC.

Dang, the 1st and last sentences of your post contradict each other like hell. Anyway, I don't have anything against Honda owners, as I used to be one. There are people from both camps that give the community a bad name. Don't stoop down to their level by making statements like that. You do notice that people talking shit about the ITR probably haven't driven one as it was meant to be driven, right? Don't take that shit talking to heart.

supraracer49

3rd Gen Life
Nov 20, 2006
WNC
^^^^ Very true! And VVT-i has been around just as long as VTEC has and you need to get off of this site if you are talking crap about Toyota's.

Frator

Jan 24, 2007
Lynchburg
Yea i was alittle contradictiry, i will agree with that. And you are right i shouldnt take that shit talking to heart, but they really have no reason to shit talk. They should be able to appreciate a reliable track car which the ITR is. honda didnt go turbo for a reason. I hope some of you toyota guys take a step back and look at the great things honda has done. Im not try to start a fight but someone on this forum needs to stick up for honda. I mean no one on hondatech bashes toyota. Half those guys are rocking ae86's.