Mk3 vs Integra Type R.

JoeC

Banned
Jul 10, 2006
Vancouver, Washington
Had a granny infront of me, and an old guy next to me. When there was space I moved over and got infront of the granny. Their was a bright yellow ITR about 5 cars back that saw me do this. He was eyeing my turbo badge on the back for the last mile. He pulled out infront of the granny and I saw him commin up next to me. Red light infront of me so I downshifted from third to second, He saw that there was a green light before I did and stomped on it and when he got to my side I was in second and stomped on it until 6k and shifted to third, he was ahead of me by 3-4 cars because of me slowing at the red light and him not having to slow down so much. Racked out third gear until 6k and shifted to 4th and thats when I started reeling him in big time!.. Passed him in fourth by about 5 car lengths and shut it down as he wasn't even catching up. Once I let off the gas and started slowing down he slowed down a lot and stayed about 10 cars behind me until I turned left at a light.

Cliffs: Raced a ITR, he pulled me by 3-4 car lengths and i passed him on the spool in 4th gear by 5 cars.

Big Wang Bandit

You Can't Quit Me Baby
Feb 21, 2006
San Ramon, CA - 925!
In America, we never got the type "R"

We got a GSR. Not as cool.

Most people with supras wont understand why a Type R is special or really care, So I wont list it.

But none the less! Nice kill, Dont let them hate on you.

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
^Extra cup holder/JDM VTAK/bigger wang/Same name as Alpine stuff

:rofl:

Kyle - I bet YOU WOULD take a Tyyyypez-ARRRR'z over a Supra, wouldn't you?
:nono:

:(

Big Wang Bandit

You Can't Quit Me Baby
Feb 21, 2006
San Ramon, CA - 925!
Maybe actually.

The type R's real main difference is.... Its corner balanced, from the factory, Its front wheel drive and will probably be able to pull harder on a skidpad than a lot of Rear drive cars.

I like the extra cup holder....

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

SF what a waste of supras
Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
Nice kill!!

Lol i killed several hondas with my 1jz-supra.
My brother was driving my supra and said dude your car sucks we just got back from sitting at the in&out sanmarcos meet but i didnt roll because the had a mobile smog station and a lot of heat so i chilled in the parking lot for a while.

On the way home my brother was like wow thats a new Honda Civic SI he haves 200 hp and VTEC. I was like dont even waste my gas and the dumb honda pulled up next us on my brothers side and kept reving. Then my bro was like crap ill loose and i was like what ever he dropped it to third punched it and the car was so far behind it was unreal 30 seconds later the car catches up slows down then takes off my brother killed him bad again then i told thats it dont do it again and he sped off just then we passed a cop on baxter on ramp heading north on the 15 verry lucky he didnt run him again!

Since then my brother was a true believer in VTec and honda he sold all his hondas his del sol his crx and bought a 89 supra plans to do a jz swap also!

True story. I rehabed my brother he see's the light.

Last edited:

Tearlessj

Oct 17, 2006
TN
JoeC said:
Meh, the GSR is still a 200hp 2600 lb car right? I think if I turned up the boost more I would of pulled it way more than I did.
180 hp I think. It has the B18C1. The one ur thinking of is the Type R's B18c5.

Puppy Eater

from the rooftop...
Mar 31, 2005
in your dreams....
wait a sec.. so.. there were never any ITRs in the states?? but my cousin has one.. yellow, just like said car.. has a numbered badge and really close ratio transmission and everything.. its even missing the manual trunk release lever/switch/thing by the drivers seat..

supraracer49

3rd Gen Life
Nov 20, 2006
WNC
No there were no ITR's in the states but I guess u could convert a gsr or ls to look like one. Nice kill thats going to be me killing my friends when he gets one lol!

1jzneil

1jz destroyer
Feb 25, 2006
warren, michigan
yes there are a whole mess of usdm integra type r's here in the states. they have the b18c5 instead of the gsr's b18c1. nice cars . rare and pricey as hell. and yes as with all hondas you can convert any of them to type r status with the right parts.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Good kill Joe..............If I'm in my car, I'm driving................:evil2:

Jeff, That's one of the best sigs ever...............:love:

Evilempire, I'm glad to see that your out preaching the gospel to those who haven't seen the light..............:bowdown:

Kyle, The extra cup holder= more weight that they can't make up for in power........:biglaugh:

AF1JZ

Almost civilian status...
Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
1jzneil is right, we did get some amount of the type-r's. My buddy back home has one. The B18c1 (gsr) has 170hp while the B18c5 (type-r) has 195hp.

I had a GSR for about 5 years. My wife drove it mostly. I had a turbo rsx-s. I can't flame on the honda's. But, I also didn't rice it out like crazy and race everything that was on the road.

89supturbo

Jul 28, 2006
Delmar, NY
HellsLegion said:
Maybe actually.

The type R's real main difference is.... Its corner balanced, from the factory, Its front wheel drive and will probably be able to pull harder on a skidpad than a lot of Rear drive cars.

I like the extra cup holder....

FWD is a horrible platform for any kind of racing and generlly creates alot of understeer do you know how many g's they can pull though? plus they have no tourque and it a TYPE R for gods sake

whenmunkysfly

scratch that...going 2jz
Jun 26, 2006
United States
89supturbo said:
FWD is a horrible platform for any kind of racing and generlly creates alot of understeer do you know how many g's they can pull though? plus they have no tourque and it a TYPE R for gods sake

not true FRW is good for rain racing and dirt but still not as good as AWD