mk3 to be built! Florida

ShmoupleDupe

Nov 21, 2012
Florida
'ello.
A bit about myself, my names CJ, I'm soon to be in the military, and currently work 2 jobs, and have been since I was 12.
I'm only 18, but I've been doing everything on my own financially, so don't assume I'm using my parents money; I assure you I'm not.
I'm the proud owner of an 06 ford ranger, and an even more proud owner of a 1987 mk3 supra.
It's a car I got for a deal, because the last guy who owned it was a complete moron. The interior... leaves much to be desired.
I heard about this forum, and thought it would be something great for me, because I'm on the internet looking up parts for hours at a time anyways.
Well, about my car I suppose; I bought it a 7mgte, and it came with a fancy aftermarket radiator, and an even fancier BOV (the woosh sound made me buy the car, I can't even lie about it.)
Upon my first month of ownership I discovered several things: Power steering leaks (excessively), overheats, blow by (mostly when I was pushing it but whatever), No cluster lights, and apparently it ran nos before.. (found a few lines and mounting brackets, along with a nice 10 amp switch hidden behind my coin slot)
Starting off my adventure to building this supra had stopped short... sort of. Apparently the headgaskets had also been blown the whole time, and after a nice... drift session, you could say... A cylinder lost compression!
And so my adventure began.

Attachments

• beautiful x2.jpg
    beautiful x2.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 33
  • Beautiful.jpg
    Beautiful.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 33

ShmoupleDupe

Nov 21, 2012
Florida
2jzgtte swap came in the mail 3 days ago, along with the new bellhousing and mounting brackets, new flywheel comes in 27-30th!
I'm excited to say that I'm putting them in my supra!

Last edited:

BoostMonger

PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT
Sep 5, 2011
Shadows of Utah
that ass shot of your car is mean, wheels need a little more offset then itll be a badass looking 87.

Congrats on your car, congrats on your new parts, welcome to our humble forum and good luck on your swap. itll be a fierce ordeal getting a 2jz properly in there but itll be the most rewarding thing ever.

ShmoupleDupe

Nov 21, 2012
Florida
Thanks guys :) I'm up in Destin, panhandle for now.
Leave January for basic training, military will soon be funding this guy ;)
I'm agreeing with that one! I think an offset would look great, now that I look at it again!

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
Car was originally white?

It kind of looks cool black car with white engine bay. If the buffed and cleaned the white bay it would pop a lot more and then you'd see what I'm talking about.

Good luck with your swap it can be quite pricey but if you don't cut corners and do it right.. The idea is that you will have one fast reliable ride :)

As the old saying goes

Fast,Cheap,Reliable you can only pick two.

ShmoupleDupe

Nov 21, 2012
Florida
I know about it being white... It was a track car in orlando, that was actually spray painted camo!
My friend at a paint shop actually recognized the work when I brought the car up to him, saying "I'd know that car anywhere! I did it 5 months ago!
I kind of planned on doing a new coat of clear in the bay, of course after prep and such.
I don't plan on cutting any corners! I don't think I'm selling this guy, I'm far too drawn to it :p