MK3 supra parts from japan

B_JAY

Apr 29, 2010
Melbourne, AUSTRALIA
Hello everyone,
I dont post on here much, but do come on a fair bit for resources and sometimes a browse ...
I have owned, but dont currently own a mk3
I have a 7mgte z20 soarer (was chasing 400hp with piggybacks, now 600hp standalone)
Alot of supra parts bolt straight up to it which makes thing easy for me, as like the U.S. , we never got the soarer delivered locally, only supra's...

So recently Ive made contact with someone in japan, who is able to purchase stuff for me...
I mainly get him to buy for me from yahoo auctions, but he has bought some items straight from the suppliers too

rare items ive scored:
do luck rear x brace (discontinued)
hks dash
safc gen1-5 knob(now for sale on other forums, not needed)
sitc-as above
hks safr - as above
jic camber arms
+ more

Now I've had a quick look and I dont see anyone offering this service here on the forums....
Do you guys have the ability to buy parts like this from anywhere ?
(i mean get parts sent to you from japan)

now im not trying to sell anything, or am I offering a service, just asking for opinions....

thanks guys

bhmsupra

Supramania Contributor
May 29, 2008
It's Not Important Bro
Yahoo Auctions and Rinkya.com is a source but it's a little cumbersome. I guess I need a translator or more free time to pick through the weeds. Nengun Performance sometimes has used stuff I think. RHDJAPAN also has some pretty cool new stuff that is not sold domestically. Freight is a killer though.

But a source for really cool (discontinued but useful) stuff is hard to come by for me. Especially in the way of suspension. Occasionally stuff will come up here on the boards or on e-bay from sellers like J-HOT or the guy from Texas... I forget his e-bay seller name.

I'd love a connection to get cool old parts, but wouldn't we all?

Currently I am looking for an "old school" single turbo set up. HKS Sports Turbo, Blitz or Greddy TD06 SH.
Missed a few greddy's here but they were just more than I was willing to pay for a peice part turbo that was ready for a re-build.

B_JAY

Apr 29, 2010
Melbourne, AUSTRALIA
its like that isnt it ???
I dont mind toymods and z20soarer forums, but the rest are more social (bs) and less technical

I see im in for a bit of a read....

B_JAY

Apr 29, 2010
Melbourne, AUSTRALIA
woah new replies...

dash pic soon, as requested
nengun: overpriced, shipping takes too long
rhdjapan: really good, but you can get cheaper

Im always looking at whats available for mk3 supras
Ive never heard of rinkya? but there is a couple of sites that offer a purchising service, but its more like 25% commision, I now pay 10%

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
B_JAY;1587243 said:
its like that isnt it ???
I dont mind toymods and z20soarer forums, but the rest are more social (bs) and less technical

I see im in for a bit of a read....
Guessing you mean my thread? ;)

Don't do it all in one go it'll suck the smart right out of ya :runaway:

bhmsupra

Supramania Contributor
May 29, 2008
It's Not Important Bro
B_JAY;1587247 said:
woah new replies...

dash pic soon, as requested
nengun: overpriced, shipping takes too long
rhdjapan: really good, but you can get cheaper

Im always looking at whats available for mk3 supras
Ive never heard of rinkya? but there is a couple of sites that offer a purchising service, but its more like 25% commision, I now pay 10%

Hell yea, Nengun took 6 weeks to send me a Greddy Oil Drain Plug. Dont ask me why I just had to have it.

Hook me up bro on the 10% source. We all want some of that I am sure.

B_JAY

Apr 29, 2010
Melbourne, AUSTRALIA
p1587259_1.jpg

p1587259_2.jpg

p1587259_3.jpg

Thats the one I just bought, the one below I already have, but they are soarer ones (one replace glove box, the other goes inside)
there have been supra ones on yahoo recently

p1587259_4.jpg

p1587259_5.jpg

I am able to get the parts I get from yahoo due to my "guy" in japan, as far as I know you have to be in japan to purchase from yahoo, or use an agent (dont know if its different for you guys)

B_JAY

Apr 29, 2010
Melbourne, AUSTRALIA
IJ.;1587250 said:
Guessing you mean my thread? ;)

Don't do it all in one go it'll suck the smart right out of ya :runaway:

I read hks's hks thread of his HKS whored out HKS-70, i can read yours, especially after that epic 1st post of a thing you call a parts list

6 week oil drain plug??? no way...
I order parts, wait till theres a few and pay and sent together takes 1 week from then, but by EMS(air) not see
1 small part alone would take 2 weeks max from auction-door
As for ground work on the US end, it would be handled by your local postal service
If you guys are keen, I will post links to parts I think are decent and reasonably priced, or you could post requests here

But there are things to keep in mind:
taxes+duties your end
buying items from auction that may be used, and may not work.... always double check and make sure you know what youre getting
my "guy" is a normal guy just like you and me...
He works, mods his car and has a life, and can only purchase as much as he can afford at once
payments: I just use bank normally, but I guess paypal can be sorted out, as you guys arent in Aus.

I will be back on to check this thread later....
I did read all the rules in the classifieds and vendors section...
Im not quite sure where this fits, because im not selling anything or a vendor of any sort (not yet, i am working on my own parts, another story)
I dont have 50 posts or havent been signed up for 6 months, so buyer beware...
I will only post links to parts relevent to mk3's, as it is what I go through to find parts....

disturbed1

Jan 10, 2006
perth
bhmsupra;1587241 said:
Yahoo Auctions and Rinkya.com is a source but it's a little cumbersome. I guess I need a translator or more free time to pick through the weeds. Nengun Performance sometimes has used stuff I think. RHDJAPAN also has some pretty cool new stuff that is not sold domestically. Freight is a killer though.

But a source for really cool (discontinued but useful) stuff is hard to come by for me. Especially in the way of suspension. Occasionally stuff will come up here on the boards or on e-bay from sellers like J-HOT or the guy from Texas... I forget his e-bay seller name.

I'd love a connection to get cool old parts, but wouldn't we all?

Currently I am looking for an "old school" single turbo set up. HKS Sports Turbo, Blitz or Greddy TD06 SH.
Missed a few greddy's here but they were just more than I was willing to pay for a peice part turbo that was ready for a re-build.

i sold HKS SPORT TURBO WHICH WAS FRESHEND UP WITH NEW SEALS TO A MATE WHO GAVE UP ON HIS PROJECT AND NO LONGER NEEDS IT - HE WANTS ABOYT 1K AUD FOR IT.

SORRY ABOUT CAPS

B_JAY

Apr 29, 2010
Melbourne, AUSTRALIA
prices are estimated and based on the current price
post and fees would be around $60-$90 USD each
1st and 3rd have been up for a while, the middle one is new to me...
They may be diff designs, but all are mk3 supra according to the listings

http://page11.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/n82849829 - around $40 USD + post
ma61xx2800-img600x450-1273413779c2feog39576.jpg

http://page9.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/k130946671 around $125 USD + post
sss4649-img600x450-1277957202628hgv42403.jpg

sss4649-img600x450-12779572020nftjx42403.jpg

http://page16.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/u23633295- around $200 USD +post (has $250ish "buy it now price")
sg6775t-img600x450-12053876197mtuika.jpg