**MK3 Supra / 1uzfe / Single Turbo Build Thread Part 2!**

RedPhoenix

Kill it with fire!
Sep 23, 2009
Tampa, FL
streetdreamz;1672009 said:
What rims are do u have on there? are the the ssr swan mesh or bbs's?

They are Crown Victoria wheels... apparently they are designed and/or made by BBS.. not confirmed, but its BBS's style indeed.

RedPhoenix

Kill it with fire!
Sep 23, 2009
Tampa, FL
Okay you would think more has progressed over the last month... but you would be wrong. Been working on getting the SC in shape (bushings, sway bars, and countless issues)... And then its been a downward spiral on the Supra as well....

I started on the passenger side manifold and after almost completing it, It would have never cleared a 4" downpipe, so I scrapped it and will be redoing it to look like the driver side to give me more clearance....

My girlfriend bought me front/rear bushings for the Supra, so she helped me get the front ones in (truly a keeper :) ). So then I started to work on the rears. However lucky for me almost everything was seized... even down to the handbrake cables to the bracket that holds to the the handle... The rear rotors were falling apart in the vents, rust pitting was so bad I could pick it all apart with a screw driver. This was really dangerous. :( So then I decided to drop the rear subframe for the sake of it all.

Once I got the subframe out, I found out I was missing 2/6 bolts that hold the diff to the subframe... axle to diff nuts were missing... all 4 concentric bolts were seized, toe rod had so much rust on the threads that the nut would come off without spinning the ball joint, plastic sway bar end links were rusted in the allen key area, all 6 diff bushings were seized to the sub frame worse than I have ever seen. It really seems like this was not the original subframe since there is no rust on this entire car except here....

Oh but I did get lucky... it was not cracked like a lot of pre 89 ones are. So after a liberal amount of fire/heat/swearing/hammering/cutting I have the subframe free of all the bullshit attached. Now looking at it, I will be bracing/reinforcing the subframe after I get it blasted free of surface rust and i will be making custom LCA, TRACTION, and TOE arms that use the energy suspension bushings and I have a set of solid bushings for the subframe that will be going in....

Sorry for the novel, but its been a long month.

Pics are good though.

p1689088_1.jpg

p1689088_2.jpg

p1689088_3.jpg

p1689088_4.jpg

RedPhoenix

Kill it with fire!
Sep 23, 2009
Tampa, FL
Started on the passenger side manifold again.... Made some progress, so now it feels like the car has progressed forward! YES!

p1690293_1.jpg

p1690293_2.jpg

It clears the motor mount barely and it should allow me to notched the frame for the 4" DP. Sweet.

RedPhoenix

Kill it with fire!
Sep 23, 2009
Tampa, FL
So I finished (hopefully) the passenger side. I have it incorporating the T4 flange on it (not welded yet). Plenty of good spots to add bracing to support the turbo. Hopefully it will be fully welded soon :).

p1690745_1.jpg

p1690745_2.jpg

p1690745_3.jpg

RedPhoenix

Kill it with fire!
Sep 23, 2009
Tampa, FL
Chambers;1690818 said:
Looks good, Have you thought about how your going to route your belt?

Im going to make the alternator on a manual adjustment... so just the crank and the alternator will have a belt, nothing else will. Just gotta measure for the correct belt still.

4U2QUIK;1690796 said:
nice work! looks like those header flanges are working out nicely.

Yes! thanks again!

RedPhoenix

Kill it with fire!
Sep 23, 2009
Tampa, FL
Chambers;1693991 said:
WOW, looks great! I love a super clean looking engine like that. How are you for clearances on the sheering shaft?

It "just" rubs... raising the engine a tiny bit on both sides, maybe it will clear, if not I will add in another U-joint to make it clear the manifold.