MK3 Shift Knobs

ga70tt

Feb 1, 2012
brisbane
Also did a slight revision to the design prefer this to the other one?
sm_photo_missing.jpg

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
I like that revision too, but i do like the wraparound logo as well.
For revision 2, I might suggest placing 'Supra' in the center of the pattern in place of the horizontal line.
That way, the logo and the pattern could be slightly larger, and fill the top area better.
Besides, I already KNOW my shift pattern, I don't see myself looking down between shifts to check the diagram.

ga70tt

Feb 1, 2012
brisbane
Yeah you do make a valid point... the H pattern is mainly on there as over here in Aus its a law that the shifter must have a H pattern on it or there must be a H pattern somewhere nearby it... we have stupid rules

ga70tt

Feb 1, 2012
brisbane
so a sample is in the process of being made up... thought ide share the in progress shots with you guys

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

im not 100% sold on the chamfered edges vs a radius for top and bottom but its all just minor details

ryansmith

Mar 25, 2012
New Zealand
BoostMonger;1897734 said:
How do you like ergonomics of one like that? Is it comfortable?

Sent From My HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

I like it, your arm is level with the centre console so your not leaning forward to reach it nor holding it as if your arms raised.
Throw is nice, shifter is super light made of delrin

peavy

Nov 10, 2011
Ontario
ryansmith;1899451 said:
I like it, your arm is level with the centre console so your not leaning forward to reach it nor holding it as if your arms raised.
Throw is nice, shifter is super light made of delrin

I'm not quite sure whether or not I dig the length, but it has a really finished look to it. Nice job. Was that a one off?