Mizu radiator, fan shroud kit

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
Poodles;1567293 said:
And that's saying something since the mishimoto is cheap knock off...

It may be cheap knockoff but it's built well and has proven itself to me. It cools better than The $500 fluidyne I had not to mention the warranty (which I've used personally) is unbeatable. Had the fan hit a universal that was "supposed to fit" and broke the core. All I had to do was send in a couple pictures of the leak and I told them I had the direct drop in one which was sent new to my door in under a week. I didn't have receipt either since I bought it from another sm member who decided to go another route. Btw the drop in rad fits flawlessly.

79trackrecord

Feb 17, 2010
DE
Poodles;1567293 said:

LOL.. That's funny. Mishimoto knocks off of who? A radiator is a radiator, usually the name brand ones are just thicker than stock. Almost anyone can weld up their own radiator, too. It's the customer service, longevity of the product, and customer service which made me state that. Till this day, I thought Mishimoto was the only company to offer slim fan shrouds (and the comapny has been around for a decent amount of time). Well, looky here. LOL

IwantMKIII;1567302 said:
It may be cheap knockoff but it's built well and has proven itself to me. It cools better than The $500 fluidyne I had not to mention the warranty (which I've used personally) is unbeatable. Had the fan hit a universal that was "supposed to fit" and broke the core. All I had to do was send in a couple pictures of the leak and I told them I had the direct drop in one which was sent new to my door in under a week. I didn't have receipt either since I bought it from another sm member who decided to go another route. Btw the drop in rad fits flawlessly.

This.... how can something like this be topped? I have no clue on how Mizu's warranty works, and I wouldn't want to find out since there are countless people who are speaking highly of Mishimoto's service.

VooDoo

Draggin ass on his build
Mar 20, 2008
Valdosta ,Ga
Poodles;1567293 said:

Im sure you mean cheap as in price. You can't mean quality. If so PLEASE post some type of validation.

Apr 6, 2005
Alpharetta, GA
All the debating may be worthwhile, but what's undeniable is that fans simply does not flow enough CFM to support the thermal extraction requirements of the vehicle, especially if modified beyond stock HP level.

VooDoo

Draggin ass on his build
Mar 20, 2008
Valdosta ,Ga
What is the stock clutch fan cfm. As well what is a 20 yr old clutch turning? I think a proper done elec setup with a good quality radiator there should be more than enough flow and low enough temp.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
20yr old has nothing to do with it. There are even new trucks that are still using the mech fan setup and with some of the shit trucks go threw with over heating says something. As long as you hear the fan lock up at idle when the engine is hot its doing its job.

A(as in 1) efan setup may be better than the stock setup but that does not mean all or even half. I know a few people with e fans and although it does the job they have there complaints and even some overheating. The stock setups only complaints are noise and the ridiculous statement of trying to get hp.

Efans will never win in a efan vs stock comparision.
This is one reason:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PROC...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories
Another reason whent he efans goes abd and stop working you ahve zero cooling. When a mech fan stops working it either locks up and tells you its bad or it doesnt spin as much but either way you still have air flow.

89supra7mgte

Sep 20, 2009
colorado
Are you talking about the cheap price? or the fact that is probably a knock off? I still think it could be a toss up just depends on the what the owner prefers? This thing can go on for years of pros and cons of both type of fans. car came with mech so in all likelihood maintain stock with a good alum radiator? Also you could do a good name brand efan no ebay shit something that has good warranty and known for good quality.

either way both will get job done just depends on how you want your car

Apr 6, 2005
Alpharetta, GA
Hey HVYMAN, hope you realize that many modern cars, FWD and even those with forward facing engines, do use E-fan for cooling purposes. So, it'll be best for the OP to scavenge an example from of these cars. Try to snag one from a vehicle with 3L or more. W/R to HP gains / losses, it's definitely a trade off, you're just moving the hp losses from the mechanical OEM clutch fan setup, to electrical hp losses via the alternator.
An example of an ideal E-fan with some degree of reliability: Derale Efan PN 16928

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
89supra7mgte;1568163 said:
Are you talking about the cheap price? or the fact that is probably a knock off? I still think it could be a toss up just depends on the what the owner prefers? This thing can go on for years of pros and cons of both type of fans. car came with mech so in all likelihood maintain stock with a good alum radiator? Also you could do a good name brand efan no ebay shit something that has good warranty and known for good quality.

either way both will get job done just depends on how you want your car

Cheap price and cheap quality. You wont see a 17 dollar efan on any high hp car for a reason. When it comes to this car there is no toss up most efans will not compete with the stock fan.

Im not saying you cant have a quality e fan setup that pulls as much as stock. The taurus fans seem to do a pretty good job but ive never talked to anyone with one. But if you were going to buy one brand new its not going to be cheap.

BlackDevilSupra;1568177 said:
Hey HVYMAN, hope you realize that many modern cars, FWD and even those with forward facing engines, do use E-fan for cooling purposes. So, it'll be best for the OP to scavenge an example from of these cars. Try to snag one from a vehicle with 3L or more. W/R to HP gains / losses, it's definitely a trade off, you're just moving the hp losses from the mechanical OEM clutch fan setup, to electrical hp losses via the alternator.
An example of an ideal E-fan with some degree of reliability: Derale Efan PN 16928

You think i dont? I completely forgot that there was fwd and trucks, oh and electric cars that have hot coolant in them as soon as you press start. Cooling capacity, engine design,and a under cover also play a roll in how well the engine is cooled also.

Search for all the overheating problems on here and look at how many have e fans. And if you do that search i bet you will also come across some threads where people posted that they went back to stock fan.

You guys are beating a dead horse with this and unless there is a giant break through in efan technology, efans lose.

VooDoo

Draggin ass on his build
Mar 20, 2008
Valdosta ,Ga
Last i seen some of the highest HP 7m on this forum use Efans. (Not gonna name names). Go to GTEpowered.com and look at some of the high hp cars using Efans. My point is when done RIGHT, efans are very effective. For the guy looking to cut corners and save $ here and there. Stick with the stocker. If you don't have quality equipment keeping your motor cool your asking for trouble's.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
VooDoo;1568195 said:
Last i seen some of the highest HP 7m on this forum use Efans. (Not gonna name names). Go to GTEpowered.com and look at some of the high hp cars using Efans. My point is when done RIGHT, efans are very effective. For the guy looking to cut corners and save $ here and there. Stick with the stocker. If you don't have quality equipment keeping your motor cool your asking for trouble's.

I doubt with a 17 dollar ebay fan tho. And your point is right.