Mizu radiator, fan shroud kit

Volvospy

Sep 9, 2009
Northern VA
Is there anyone having this kit from eBay? I'd like to know if this kit is worth it or not, and how hard is the installation? Thank you!

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Whats a fan shroud kit? Your car should have a stock fan shroud. If this is for efans stick with stock.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
For 455 dollars id much rather spend my money on a pwr or koyo. Get off ebay most of it is crap.

Volvospy

Sep 9, 2009
Northern VA
So far, this kit is not good then. Another quick questions, why are flexalite fans so popular? I guess they're supposed to be good. How hard is it to install a flexalite fans kit? Thanks!

Athena

Rawr
Jun 22, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Is there a reason your looking only at efans? do you not have your stock shroud anymore? if so, imo a stock shroud and fan is better than a crappy efan. (most of the time)

Volvospy

Sep 9, 2009
Northern VA
Athena;1566274 said:
Is there a reason your looking only at efans? do you not have your stock shroud anymore? if so, imo a stock shroud and fan is better than a crappy efan. (most of the time)

I have the stock fan setup, but I've been told that if I upgrade to efans, I would feel the engine is more responsive.

89supra7mgte

Sep 20, 2009
colorado
Efans have pros and cons compared to mechanical. Dyno proven to free up extra HP, not a lot mind you but some when installed in place of mech fan. But then again you gotta think about the electronics if something malfunctions that extra HP cost ya a bhg. I think depending on use of vehicle is where Efans do the most.

I think flexalite has a mechanical fan also? Something about the blade design and function is what makes them kick ass

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
So you want to gain a whopping 3hp that you wont even feel nice.

Lets see so we have a gain of 3hp and most likely over heating with crap fans vs not over heating with stock setup and not gaining a whopping 3hp. Hmmmm.

Athena

Rawr
Jun 22, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Another con, is that I hate is how loud they are. at some red lights when the thing kicks on it's startled people driving next to me. I don't know if they're looking at my ride, or wondering wtf that noise is. XD

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
A new fan clutch is much quieter. I had a good one and made the mistake of putting a turbo fan on a n/a fan clutch. Bad idea as it wore out and it took me 3 trips to the junk yard to find one that wouldn't lock up after a week. The last one lasted me about a year now and no problems for 12 bucks but its no where near as quiet as the one i had before. Sometimes there loud and sometimes there not but i would not ditch it for e fans no matter what.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Big F@i&ing lolz. I didnt even notice that as i half look at ebay shit. Wow so you would have to run a 4 foot long lower rad hose.

Op spend your money on wiser upgrades and search around this forum. There is a crap load of info here and searching helps you.

Athena

Rawr
Jun 22, 2009
Raleigh, NC
I looked into it more, I love the fine print.

Returns that have install issues need to include an invoice with a note stating item is uninstallable.
Buyer assumes all risks if item was installed at a non-legitamate shop or professional mechanic.
Most items do not come with instructions so please be aware of this before purchasing.
All sales are final.
We reserve the right to refuse a return/exchange if it fails to qualify within our guidelines set forth by our policies.
7 days after the buyer receives it Exchange

So you can't do it yourself or you void their "warranty"?
if you pay a "pro" and it doesn't work, you need an invoicing stating such.
and if, IF they agree they will take it back, and give you another?
or if somehow by the gods you get a refund they take 91$ for their trouble (20%)
I love ebay so much XD

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
Go mishimoto, as an owner of a Fluidyne as well as a mishi, its the best you can get for your money and honestly cools better than the fluidyne which is 2.5 times the cost.

89supra7mgte

Sep 20, 2009
colorado
hvyman;1566282 said:
So you want to gain a whopping 3hp that you wont even feel nice.

Lets see so we have a gain of 3hp and most likely over heating with crap fans vs not over heating with stock setup and not gaining a whopping 3hp. Hmmmm.

Dude i dont know what the attitude is about, if you read my post i said its not a big increase in power, and that efans do have cons such as electrical going bad. Did not say i rec one over the other, but i do believe if installed correctly and wired properly an efan is more efficient than stock IMO. Yet there is always a chance of overheating with any type of fan. fan clutches work good dont get me wrong but a good non ebay efan will work just as good or better. And by the way horsepower is hp who cares how you get it as long as its reliable. How many clutches did you go through? maybe just maybe if you had a good efan installed (pro) you would have spent more time driving than fixing the fan?

On one note not all efan are loud think that all depends on the cfm it pulls or pushes depending on install.

OP I am not in anyway suggesting anything here

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
89supra7mgte;1566444 said:
Dude i dont know what the attitude is about, if you read my post i said its not a big increase in power, and that efans do have cons such as electrical going bad. Did not say i rec one over the other, but i do believe if installed correctly and wired properly an efan is more efficient than stock IMO. Yet there is always a chance of overheating with any type of fan. fan clutches work good dont get me wrong but a good non ebay efan will work just as good or better. And by the way horsepower is hp who cares how you get it as long as its reliable. How many clutches did you go through? maybe just maybe if you had a good efan installed (pro) you would have spent more time driving than fixing the fan?

On one note not all efan are loud think that all depends on the cfm it pulls or pushes depending on install.

depends how you define efficiency in this case, but most likely from your perspective, the answer is a clear NO, they are NOT. Efans don't flow NEARLY as much as stock setup.

whitemike

Banned
Aug 30, 2009
Winter Park, Florida, United States
I think an efan will flow more than a 200+ HP motor as well.

electric%20fan%20motor.jpg

VS

7m-gte.jpg

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
89supra7mgte;1566444 said:

Was not an attitude. Its hard to find a efan setup that will flow as much at stock when your sitting because thats when you need the fan. When your moving air flow is enough to cool the engine. Stock works best. The only reason i had to replace a clutch was because i put a turbo fan on a n/a fan clutch. Turbos clutchs were made for the heavier fan. If i didnt do that i would still be working fine today and the last one was 12 bucks and has lasted over a year. And no i dont need anyone touching my car other than me thank you. If i want efans i would have already wired them up.

Hp is hp but skimping on my cooling system for such a small amount is a waste and id rather just add another psi of boost. Thats what the turbo is for HP.