missing at idle, all the way to 2500 what's up?

91blackeye

The Unrequited Song
Jan 18, 2009
Modesto, Ca
www.facebook.com
So, yeah..Just what the title says. TPS? After 2500, the car runs just normal and dandy. Car is 90 turbo 5 spd.

Also, previous owner said he fiddle with the cam sensor. Would this do anything?

91blackeye

The Unrequited Song
Jan 18, 2009
Modesto, Ca
www.facebook.com
I just went ahead and bought the car. It was only 800 bucks. So this leaves me with 1200 to get one of these things running. I just posted here, as it is the correct sub-forum,and i does not want to be infracted lol.

91blackeye

The Unrequited Song
Jan 18, 2009
Modesto, Ca
www.facebook.com
So, I am going to do a compression test. Well...a leakdown test anyway...they pretty much tell me the same thing, but different tools, and leak down tells more info right? Like which valve is leaky, if any even are? wind from throttle body means bad intake, wind through exhaust pipe means bad exhaust valve, right?

To do leakdown test, I remove the spark plug from the cylinder I am testing, and screw the gauge into the plug's spot, right?

that is....about all I know... I do not know how much compression I need, or do not need for that matter....nor how to check and see if I am TDC....Anyone wanna come help me for like...a day? give ya a hundred bucks! lol.

But on a more serious note, anyone got advice? If the sputtering is indeed low compression, and worst case scenario I have bad rings, seals...valves? How much is that going to cost me to fix?

Yeah- I am oblivious. Sorry for the extreme annoyance.

toyzforme

I need deeper pockets
Jan 1, 2008
Summerville, SC
If I am not mistaken your compression should be around 160 on all cylinders or at least close to that. Have you looked at the TSRM manual yet? It can pretty much tell you how to do everything along with torque numbers and other tidbits of info that is needed.