Mine's Tuned ECU problem (1JZ-GTE)

Sam

Jan 31, 2008
Saskatchewan
Update:

I sent the nonfunctional Mine's ECU back to Mr. Shu in Japan and he agreed to give me another ECU. I received a Blitz Access ECU and it works perfectly! No more fuel cut nor speed cut!

MA70AEROTOP

Sep 24, 2008
Perth
hey guys have the same issue as the thread starter. in my case I found a dogey CAP 100uf but I replaced the whole lot it revs up and down up and down if I slighty block the hole of isv it runs ok plugging in stock ecu everything works fine :aigo:

makaveli913

1jz and lovin it
Nov 20, 2007
Pueblo Co
My mines ecu wouldnt turn on. i opened it up and the capacitors leaked and ate up a lil of the board. I had the capacitors replaced by driftmotion and its awesome. check both sides of the boards to see if you see any black spots.

MA70AEROTOP

Sep 24, 2008
Perth
yeah Replaced all caps only one that was stuffed was the 100uf cap IF I block of the ISCV and open the throttle slighty it will run fine and drive fine little hesitation between 1500rpm and 2000 rpm. when I plug it in it just reves up and down exactly like the thread starters video!!! mine did splutter but since cap replacement thats gone away

RacerXJ220

Interdimensional
Mar 30, 2005
Abalama
I just got my Blitz ECU back from Aaron @ driftmotion. I could not see any blown caps with my eyes, but he found a few and replaced them all anyway.

If you believe it is made for larger injectors........ I need to see what mine is. I was told 550's, but it's for an Auto...... who knows.

Sam

Jan 31, 2008
Saskatchewan
Holy, this thread is 20 years old! This takes me back. For anyone who wants to know, that Blitz Access ECU took a shit and possibly destroyed my motor. My car has been in the shop ever since August of 2009 and the entire motor was rebuilt with lots of goodies to go along with it (Driftmotion single turbo kit, 264 BC cams, CP pistons). The mechanic repaired the Blitz ECU, but it still won't run properly. I believe the car is throwing a Code 14 (I'll have to double check on that), so he's looking to replace the igniter. I also have two stock ECU's and the car will not run properly on either of them!

I do believe I have the worst luck on the entire planet.