Military

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
bondie said:
Nobody won the cold war you moron!!! Also the proper spelling of Harbour IS H A R B O U R not the lazy Ass way you lot spell things.

This is a name, and if I'm not mistaken irregardless of meaning, is spelled Pearl HARBOR. So american english or orignal english is irrelivent, this is the way the name is spelled.

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
No Bondie, I'm not a cretin...I'm just a hell of a lot smarter than you.
I love it when a guy like you resorts to personal attacks...proves my point perfectly...you have no idea of what you're talking about.

I do want to get a couple of things straight:

- The Brits no longer interfered in US affairs after the War of 1812, meeting the US objective. So we didn't win.

- The Germans did not petition for an armistice to the Allies, leading to the Treaty of Versailles. So we didn't win.

- The Germans did not surrender (unconditionally) in Europe on 2 May 1945. So we didn't win.

- the Japanese did not surrender (unconditionally) on the USS Missouri on 14 Aug 1945 after two atomic bombs were dropped on Japan. So we didn't win.

- The Berlin Wall did not come down in Nov 1989, followed by the disintegration of the Soviet Union. So we didn't win.

- In the Gulf War, US forces didn't end hostilities after all Iraqi forces were removed from Kuwait on 26 Feb 1991 (the stated objective). So we didn't win.

I'm going to let you in on a concept that has been taught in every professional military school I've been too, including War College. War is the ultimate political tool to force an opponent to submit to political will or objective desired. This may be a concept your limited intelligence can grasp, but in every example I've given you the US achieved it's objective. In fact, if it was not for US material and manpower the British would have had Germans on their soil in 1942. That's in your history books as well mate...maybe you need to read them.

And you seem to have ignored the Falklands friendly fire incidents:

- HMS Cardiff shoots down AAC Gazelle
- Companies A and C of the Parachute Regiment engage each other in an hour-long firefight involving heavy weapons and artillery strikes. At least 8 casualties.
- Special Boat Service commando killed in a firefight with Special Air Service commandos (these are elite British units...aren't they)

Not to mention the 2003 incident in which a British tank blew the turret off another Challenger killing Corporal Stephen John Allbutt and Trooper David Jeffrey Clarke. I didn't see the British press calling for criminal action (or any outrage at all) concerning this one.

You need to get your facts straight before you throw stones...your selective interpretation of history just doesn't float. Not too sure why you have an axe to grind, but take a look in the mirror and you will see the problem.

bondie

Pisshead
Aug 26, 2005
UK
jdub said:
I do want to get a couple of things straight:

- The Brits no longer interfered in US affairs after the War of 1812, meeting the US objective. So we didn't win.

- The Germans did not petition for an armistice to the Allies, leading to the Treaty of Versailles. So we didn't win.

- The Germans did not surrender (unconditionally) in Europe on 2 May 1945. So we didn't win.

- the Japanese did not surrender (unconditionally) on the USS Missouri on 14 Aug 1945 after two atomic bombs were dropped on Japan. So we didn't win.

- The Berlin Wall did not come down in Nov 1989, followed by the disintegration of the Soviet Union. So we didn't win.

- In the Gulf War, US forces didn't end hostilities after all Iraqi forces were removed from Kuwait on 26 Feb 1991 (the stated objective). So we didn't win.

I don't see anywhere written or otherwise that states that America won all of the above. Please correct me if i'm wrong. So by your reckoning, if you stand by while someone fights a battle and your rooting for the winning side, that means you won the battle all by yourselves. Good concept, but it doesn't wash sorry

personal attacks???? thats an American job isn't it

jdub

SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
bondie said:
Please correct me if i'm wrong.

You're wrong...as usual you ignored most of my post.

I do believe this started over a friendly fire incident...you've twisted it around (when confronted with a few facts) to what constitutes winning a war. It's simple...war is a method (the most violent) to fulfill a political objective...had a feeling you would have trouble grasping that concept.

Why don't you head down to the pub and find a group more on your level.

p5150

ASE and FAA A&P Certified
Mar 31, 2005
Central Idaho
You guys should not discuss international incidents and operational information (deployments, etc) and affiliate yourself as a member of the armed forces.

As a private citizen, yes.

While specifically identifying yourself as a member of the armed forces, no.

AFI 35-101

2.14. Responsibilities of Air Force Members and Employees. Each Air Force member or employee of the Air Force, Air National Guard, or Air Force Reserve has a personal responsibility for the success of the Air Force Public Affairs program. As representatives of the service in both official and unofficial contact with the public, such personnel have many opportunities to contribute to positive public opinions toward the Air Force. Therefore, each person must strive to make sure these contacts show the highest standards of conduct and reflect the Air Force’s core values of “integrity first; service before self; and excellence in all we do.”

2.14.1. Specifically, each Air Force member or employee is responsible for obtaining the necessary review and clearance, starting with Public Affairs, before releasing any proposed statement, text or imagery to the public. This includes any digital products being loaded on an unrestricted Web site.

2.14.2. Air Force members and employees are responsible for ensuring the information to be revealed, whether official or unofficial, is appropriate for release according to classification requirements in DODD 5200.1 and AFPD 31-4, Information Security.

This really isnt any different than identifying yourself as a member of a DoD agency to an international publication and stating your opinion on an international incident.

Last edited:

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
Dude.. just, no. A negative image is not what's being shown here. If anything, a POSITIVE image of the Air Force and US armed forces is being defended. Classification also has no bearing here, since nothing classified in any way, even sensitive FOUO was released. If you are studying for your next stripe, that's great, but don't push the PFE and regs in here.

p5150 said:
You guys should not discuss international incidents and operational information (deployments, etc) and affiliate yourself as a member of the armed forces.

As a private citizen, yes.

While specifically identifying yourself as a member of the armed forces, no.

AFI 35-101

2.14. Responsibilities of Air Force Members and Employees. Each Air Force member or employee of the Air Force, Air National Guard, or Air Force Reserve has a personal responsibility for the success of the Air Force Public Affairs program. As representatives of the service in both official and unofficial contact with the public, such personnel have many opportunities to contribute to positive public opinions toward the Air Force. Therefore, each person must strive to make sure these contacts show the highest standards of conduct and reflect the Air Force’s core values of “integrity first; service before self; and excellence in all we do.”

2.14.1. Specifically, each Air Force member or employee is responsible for obtaining the necessary review and clearance, starting with Public Affairs, before releasing any proposed statement, text or imagery to the public. This includes any digital products being loaded on an unrestricted Web site.

2.14.2. Air Force members and employees are responsible for ensuring the information to be revealed, whether official or unofficial, is appropriate for release according to classification requirements in DODD 5200.1 and AFPD 31-4, Information Security.

This really isnt any different than identifying yourself as a member of a DoD agency to an international publication and stating your opinion on an international incident.

bondie

Pisshead
Aug 26, 2005
UK
dirgle said:
Because all of our soldiers are just so perfect.:rolleyes:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/4296511.stm

Hmm good try, but don't all prisoners get a swift beating no matter what country the soldier is from . . . . there's a bit of difference between a beating and the rape of a 14 year old girl and the shooting of her family.

One thing i will say in defence of both of our military forces, is that we don't take prisoners and then behead them and video it for propaganda

Last edited:

jdub

SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
Once again Bondie, you ignore the huge difference in the shear number of Americans vs British soldiers. And that soldier, plus the ones with him, are being sent to jail under the UCMJ...tougher than civilian laws...these guys will be in Leavenworth for a long time. Why, because they committed a crime and they are not going to get away with it.

So, what's your point? Never said our soldiers were perfect...anymore than British soldiers are:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/g2/story/0,,961798,00.html

At least we prosecute soldiers that commit crimes...unlike the British:
http://www.rinf.com/columnists/news/five-uk-soldiers-cleared-over-iraqi-civilians-death

Still haven't explained the British friendly fire incidents...thought your soldiers were "professional".
At least US soldiers don't engage friendlies in an hour long firefight or blow a friendly tank away sitting right next to them.

Sorry, but the British Army has it's problems too...it's obvious you don't have a clue.
If you're going to sit on your British "high horse", might want to make sure you're not standing in a pile of horse crap.

AF1JZ

Almost civilian status...
Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
silent_sniper said:
wasnt this thread made to THANK the armed forces of are seperate countrys. not to fight among each other

I agree, lets knock off this pissing match and get back on topic. I appreciate you defending for us JDub and all the others. Like silent sniper said, this is a "thanks" to all the troops among us in the SM community. When all is said and done, we are all still Supra owners or Supra enthusiasts.

jdub

SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
^^^ I agree...just put Bondie on my ignore list...not worth my time/effort.

On another note...this happened on Iwo Jima today in 1945:

::salute::

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
jdub said:
^^^ I agree...just put Bondie on my ignore list...not worth my time/effort.

On another note...this happened on Iwo Jima today in 1945:

::salute::

Not only did it happen, it happened TWICE.