mge-mgte

3.0trd

Jun 13, 2008
Tracy
I'm considering the 7mge-gte swap, but not sure what needs to be done, I'm sure somewhere on here is a full breakdown of what I need, and need to rewire, etc, but I can't seem to find it, could someone post up a link, or tell me where it is? thanks!

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
3.0trd;1255540 said:
I'm considering the 7mge-gte swap, but not sure what needs to be done, I'm sure somewhere on here is a full breakdown of what I need, and need to rewire, etc, but I can't seem to find it, could someone post up a link, or tell me where it is? thanks!
This has been discussed a million times, but here's a good link:
http://www.4cefed.com/ - look under turbo conversion.

Marvin Pivaral;1255565 said:
does anyone one know how i cant convert my 7mge into a turbo 7mge? or where i can get a turbo kit for it?
And same for you, but here's a good link for N/A->T conversions:
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34560

Mr Bojangles

Feb 9, 2009
Madison, WI
I've spent a lot of time reading through these forums and can't believe people are still asking that question.

HOWEVER.......I do have a question on the subject that my searching hasn't answered but seems obvious. Just looking for reassurance that its fine to pick up a JDM GTE and swap it in for a GE and I can use the long block and all its parts (other than as described in the million posts about the swap) as is as long as I have the wiring harness and ECU from the JDM GTE. I'm really just trying to avoid buying a JDM GTE and having to strip it to the block and swap out all the parts for domestics.

shiftysupra

Nov 4, 2008
Tucson, AZ
just a couple off the top of my head that i couldnt find but ran into... need injector resistor packor rewire your injectors with resistors wired in.... need to rewire tach or get a new one and install a boost controller and tubing for the vacuum (if rewiring n/a dash). if it's manual and your gonna keep the w58 then keep the flywheel off the ge. stock cluth wont last though. oh and the search button could have found this stuff

Mr Bojangles

Feb 9, 2009
Madison, WI
slowpra na-t;1261714 said:
there is a Sticky in this section i believe it is the second one... everything you'll need to know is in it.
Thanks fellas, I have read through it a few times, but I was not sure if it was covering the exact differences between what you would need to swap off a JDM so that you can use it in a domestic, with a domestic harness and ECU vs running the JDM engine with a JDM harness and ECU. Thanks for your answers!!