Methanol Injection

blk92suprat

J Zizzle
Jul 6, 2008
USA
I have been thinking about adding methanol injection to the Mk3 Supra.

Main reason for doing so is to safely increase boost to 24+psi. Currently run 18psi max on 93 octane. I was thinking about always running 100 octane but obviously over time this would come out to be very pricey.

I'm looking for some insight on what kits you guys may be running. AEM/DevilsOwn/Snow.

Also the best location to mount the meth nozzle. Instructions state 6 inches from throttle body. I currently have my VPC air temp probe in that position.

Whats the best position to mount meth nozzle in relation to where vpc temp sensor probe.
My research thus far is indicating meth injection post vpc temp probe. However research is also suggesting mounting the meth injection to the cold side ic piping that is directly connected to the intercooler. This would be pre vpc temp probe.

So which is the best way to go?

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I'm not saying mine is best but I have Snow's performance. I run 93 octane with 50/50 boost juice. I also run about 25psi of boost on a 6765. My nozzle is located about sixteen inches from the throttle body. I love methanol injection. Good luck with yours.

Zazzn

l33t M0derat0r (On some other forum) n00blet here
Apr 1, 2005
Toronto/SF Bay area
I've got a Torque freaks kit I pulled off my car ealier this year, oldie but works fine used it until again last year when I had my car running. Then switched to complete E85. If you dont already have a kit.

Also have a full AEM kit new. PM me if you still looking

blk92suprat

J Zizzle
Jul 6, 2008
USA
Where are you guys mounting the nozzle in relationship to the air temp sensor?

I appreciate your offer but I'm looking to buy brand new.

blk92suprat

J Zizzle
Jul 6, 2008
USA
Also curious on the Nitrous Express meth kit...any users here with experience please chime in on your experiences.

blk92suprat

J Zizzle
Jul 6, 2008
USA
With my current set up I was thinking about placing meth nozzle cold side just after BOV. This way I would have meth injecting about 8 inches before vpc temp probe. (VPC Probe is 6 inches before TB)

What are your thoughts?

blk92suprat

J Zizzle
Jul 6, 2008
USA
Well I decided on the snow performance stage 2 progressive kit. Also got the safe injection boost relay to cut power to EBC in the event of a meth injection malfunction.
I plan to utilize the oem washer reservoir.

Still undecided on meth nozzle placement. As mentioned above, VPC temp probe is 6" from TB.

Looking for some insight.