Memphis Street Racing

black89t

boost'en down 101
Oct 27, 2007
humboldt, ca
dude.................lol. that civic with the vett motor tricked me. it was burning the rear tires with the sound of a beast v8 and i was like wtf.

frontierguy25

Mar 26, 2007
TX
So you guys just race on some open road? There are license plates all over that vid. Do you have local law's approval or something?

Kckazdude

Mar 16, 2007
Memphis, TN
black89t;1144151 said:
dude.................lol. that civic with the vett motor tricked me. it was burning the rear tires with the sound of a beast v8 and i was like wtf.

I would hardly call it a Civic anymore. Literally it is a Vette with a Civic body gabbed onto it. Google Civette sometime for an interesting build.

ms07s;1144161 said:
You did better than I would have. Damn I wish I was there to see the civette in action.

I let out of the throttle when he came around me the second time.

frontierguy25;1144279 said:
So you guys just race on some open road? There are license plates all over that vid. Do you have local law's approval or something?

No local law approval. Just a very desolate road.

Supra28

Supramanian
Aug 17, 2006
Columbus, OH/Kansas
Did you guys street race at like a closed road or something?

Everytime I see videos with constant racing like this, it's usually at night.

No popo's around the area?

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Dude, they didn't even give you an honorable mention in the credits..............:sarcasm:

Looks like a lot of fun was had by all and nobody was hurt.

Kckazdude

Mar 16, 2007
Memphis, TN
Supra28;1145969 said:
Did you guys street race at like a closed road or something?

Everytime I see videos with constant racing like this, it's usually at night.

No popo's around the area?

The road isnt closed. It is just a really desolate industrial area. There was only 1 plant open that day and we cleared the road before they let out so as not to cause any problems. We do this on an invite only basis and it is never publicly announced when or where we gather. Keeps the tard factor way down.

suprahero;1145983 said:
Dude, they didn't even give you an honorable mention in the credits..............:sarcasm:

Looks like a lot of fun was had by all and nobody was hurt.

Lots of fun and no pain is the game. I couldnt even beat the slowest on the list... :cry: Next round of upgrades are about 6 months out.

noah89t;1147188 said:
bishop and i spent all last summer in memphis working at st. judes hospital and since we were hotel living, we went out in the evenings and only saw one supra on the hwy, maybe it was you kckazdude.

Next time you guys come through give me a shout. My car was very noticable last year with the 2' tall door handle for a wing on it.
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showpost.php?p=864128&postcount=2

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
I just saw the 10-26 MSR video, rolling burnouts do not help the launch, refer to the drag racing guide please, but keep the videos coming.

Kckazdude

Mar 16, 2007
Memphis, TN
The lane I was in suffered an oil out so I had to go through water. Was just attempting to dry the tires off so I could launch.

ms07s

TORGUE!
Sep 29, 2007
Memphis,Tn
Cosidering he is BPU, I think he did very well! Call me up next time, I won't race but I do like to watch.:biglaugh:

Last edited:

03bamaGT

Sep 20, 2008
Bham
LSx FTMFW!!!!

That Cobra was slow and was in need of a driver mod. The funny thing is, he has only like 20HP on me, with the 75 shot and weighs a lot more. He, like me, is in some definite need of some tires.

fstlane88

Single time!!
Apr 5, 2005
South FL
Looks like a killer spot, hard to find stuff that desolate around without driving miles away from everything, and even still when you do it's two lane.

You guys never wanted to throw some VHT down and at least get some kind of patch going?

03bamaGT

Sep 20, 2008
Bham
fstlane88;1172238 said:
Looks like a killer spot, hard to find stuff that desolate around without driving miles away from everything, and even still when you do it's two lane.

You guys never wanted to throw some VHT down and at least get some kind of patch going?

Yea...it is called a drag strip.

fstlane88

Single time!!
Apr 5, 2005
South FL
Whatever, to the OP nice vids, keep em' coming man, and if you want any advice on prepping the spot PM me. The scene for the most part sucks around here, but I've been around some of the best of it, in TX and Chicago.

I'm going avoid the inevitable argument with you 03bamaGT, and just leave this thread.