Megasquirt v3 Wiring Instructions - Get Her Started!

terrenceLP

Mar 22, 2011
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Hello everyone,

Specs:
1987 Supra Turbo
550cc Low-Z injectors
Removed IAC, CSI, EGR
Stock 7M-GTE Block w/ CompCams Valve Springs
Innovate MTX-L Wideband
Holset H1C Turbo

I'm getting ready to "First Start" my newly assembled MS3+MS3X full sequential with Toyota 1zz-FE coils.
I COMPLETELY REMOVED the Toyota ECU (TCCS) from the harness.
I then wired up my Custom Wire Harness using the B1, C1 and M1 connectors.

B1 & C1 Referenced below

C1 - Thin gauge black/orange -> connect to -> B1 Thin gauge black/orange
B1 - Thin gauge black/orange -> connect to MS 12v power
B1 - Small gauge green (FC) -> connect to MS Fuel Pump wire
B1 - Large gauge black/orange -> 12v for connection to Injectors and coils (*I'm not using IAC or CSI, these can also be powered by this)
B1 - Large gauge black/blue - 12v for Starting. Remove and leads to the TCCS and run directly to the starter

Supra+MK3+12v+7mgte+Wiring.jpg

TCCS-Removed.jpg

msconnect.jpg

Any questions please feel free to PM or email me at TerrenceLP@gmail.com

Part 2 is coming - Creating a Custom Harness to run Full Sequential with COP and Keeping ALL Gauges Working with your friend, the M1 Connector.

terrenceLP

Mar 22, 2011
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
In this installment we have a diagram for wiring up your MS3 & MS3X for Full Sequential.

A few things to keep in mind;
1. Injector Power NOT SHOWN, reason being you can run power a few different ways.

- I used a 93 Acura Legend Resistor Box, it has 6 leads and a Power Feed. Placed in the same position as the factory resistor box would be. This makes Low-Z injectors act like High Impedance Injectors. If you do it this way just make sure to test resistance on ALL Leads, in the neighbourhood of 5 ohms is good.

- Peak & Hold Box, if this is your choice just follow the instructions from the P&H manufacturer

- Just Run High Impedance Injectors, NO Resistor Box Needed.

2. CAS Hook up needs to be just like Toyota sans the extra G1 or G2 pickup as only one is needed. Keys here are to use shielded wire for ALL 3 wires. *BUT ONLY GROUND THE SHIELD ONCE ON PIN 2 on the MS Main Board. G1 or G2, depending on the one you use, just needs to be shielded AND NOT RUN A SEPARATE GROUND OR HAVE THE SHIELD Grounded to PIN 2. This can be confusing from the actual MS3X diagrams. Keep in mind G1 or G2 is already being Grounding via the -G (CAS Ground). Photo below. If you buy the Wiring kit this is where it can be confusing as there is only 2 wires that are shielded with no G1 or G2 wire thus leaving you to run one more shielded wire that does not need to be grounded nor does its shield need to be grounded.

MOre to come and feel free to ask questions via PM or even better email at terrencelp@gmail.com

Full Res Photo Here -> Click Here

ms3x-7mgte-1zz-diagram.fw.png

Acura Resistor Box Hook up.
resistor_pack_for_acura_to_supra.jpg

CAS Megasquirt Hook Up *THE SHIELD MUST BE CONNECTED TO PIN 2 ON MS MAIN BOARD!
7mgte-CAS-ms3-notes.fw.png