MegaSquirt II Successfully Running on 7M-GTE!!! (Lots of pics and walkthrough)

blackout_89t

King of the roll
Apr 25, 2005
Toronto
927mgtepat said:
for about 100 more you can get a haltech E6X, but good work

Nor does it include the enormous support group you can get at the megasquirt forums, as well as open source code. :naughty: The possibilities of what you can do are limitless.

williamb82

Apr 24, 2005
Tampa, Fl.
i never got it that i know of. btw, the triggers should be in im hoin today. they got shipped to me friday. and i got 2 extras left for anyone interested. $75 each shipped in the us or canada. if your elsewhere pm for shipping quote.

Clifton

Apr 5, 2005
Scottsdale, Az
MSII has an extra code now and has a wheel decoder that can read the Toyota cps. Also has launch control now too. Can't use it with edis though.

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
i want Mega Squirt pretty bad. theres like too many of them though (ms1, ms2, ms&s, ms&s-e), whats the website for mega squirt 2, or the newer one that has the code for the stock CPS. i gota start doing some research.

Clifton

Apr 5, 2005
Scottsdale, Az
you happen to know of a way to get a 2 step to work wit hthe edis6 ignition?.

Won't work. MS has to cut spark on the hard limit and you can't with edis. You can only retard it to what you have it set at with the pickup, 10*. You can use the 36-1 wheel and add two more VB921's and fire the coils from ms instead of the edis module.

i want Mega Squirt pretty bad. theres like too many of them though (ms1, ms2, ms&s, ms&s-e), whats the website for mega squirt 2, or the newer one that has the code for the stock CPS. i gota start doing some research.

Main MS extra site. MS2 extra is on there too. The newest MS2 code, either regular or extra will do the cps. I'm pretty sure MS1 has been able to do it for quite a while. Just lower injector resolution.

http://www.msextra.com/

7M related post.
http://www.msextra.com/viewtopic.php?t=12057&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=7mgte&start=0

williamb82

Apr 24, 2005
Tampa, Fl.
well, wit thhe edis6 i figured i could hook up an msd dis4 and do the 2 step that way. am i wrong? i was just hopin for a cheaper solution.

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
wow, alot of information to sort out. anyone running sequential fuel injection on a 7m? or would that require sequential ignition aswell?

seems like everyone is squirting 3 cylinders at a time and 2 squirts per cycle, is that right? i thought stock it was 2 cylinders at a time 3 squirts per cycle, matching the ignition?

Clifton

Apr 5, 2005
Scottsdale, Az
nosechunks said:
wow, alot of information to sort out. anyone running sequential fuel injection on a 7m? or would that require sequential ignition aswell?

seems like everyone is squirting 3 cylinders at a time and 2 squirts per cycle, is that right? i thought stock it was 2 cylinders at a time 3 squirts per cycle, matching the ignition?

Sequential will only be a benifit at lower rpms. It's does nothing for making more power.

well, wit thhe edis6 i figured i could hook up an msd dis4 and do the 2 step that way. am i wrong? i was just hopin for a cheaper solution.

Dis4's aren't cheap. If you already have ms2, just add the two extra VB921's and run the extra code. It is the same as the regular ms2 code but with the extra's.

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
nosechunks said:

no

two injectors fire at a given time. (1&4, 2&6, 3&5)
Two cylinders get ignition at the same time (1&6, 2&5, 3&4) . ;)

<-- Running sequntial ignition and injection

<-- Also running a MoTeC M800 so I don't count ;)