ms2 on v3 board with flyback for low imp injectors

4bar map on the board

780cc/min injectors low impedance

gm air temp sensor

gm engine temps sensor

dual edis 6 with cop coils

7mgte tps for now, ford tps on ford 75mm tb later with ffi

aem wideband o2 sensor

now, ive had time tonight to do some searching and reading. heres what ive got so far.

to make the ms2 on v3 board work with edis which is what i have and am doing

on the bottom of the pcb do the following

jump OPTOIN to TACH SELECT

jump D1 and D2 (im assuming replace these diodes with jumpers? it was vauge)

jump TSEL to OPTOUT

jump JS10 to IGN

jump XG1 to XG2

is this all correct so far?

also, im going to run a couple more relays to power the ms2 and the injectors and power the dual edis coils. im going to have them controlled by ignition switched power that is on even whe nthe starter is turning. wheres the best place to grab this? im assuming the drivers side kick panel. as i recall its a purple wire? i havent looked that up just yet.

also, the main relay will be tripped by the same ign switched source as will STA of the circuit opening relay and Fc of the circuit opening relay will go to ground. is this also correct?

also, heres what i have the pins written down for on the db37 connector

pin 20- air intake temp sensor

pin 21- engine temp sensor

pin 22- signal from the tps

pin 23- o2 sensor signal (anything special need done to use the 0-5v from my wideband?)

pin 24- pip to the edis module

pin 26- 5v supply to the tps

pin 28- +12v switched from the relays i mentioned earlier

pin 32- injector driver 1 (neg of injectors 1, 3, 5)

pin 33- injector driver 1 (neg of injectors 1, 3, 5)

pin 34- injector driver 2 (neg of injectors 2, 4, 6)

pin 35- injector driver 2 (neg of injectors 2, 4, 6)

pin 36- saw from the edis module

pin 37- trigger for fuel pump if i run a separate relay

pins 8, 9, 10, 11, 19- ground

for each injector driver bank, positive of injectors needs a 5 amp fuse as a whole, not per injector. and the 2 driver wires for each bank will be brought together and then all 3 injectors connected to both. is this all correct?

also, the edis 6 module fires coils in this order: coil A, coil C, coil B

and firing order of 7mgte is: 1-5-3-6-2-4

sooooo

coil A needs to go to cylinders 1 and 6

coil B needs to go to cylinders 3 and 4

coil C needs to go to cylinders 2 and 5

im trying to draw it all up before i put it together to make sure there are no mistakes. lmk if this is all good.

Last edited:

williamb82

Apr 24, 2005
Tampa, Fl.
also, has anyone used the autotune? would that be ok to set all the ve tables? or only trust it with off boost? im still researching and reading alot and really dont want to mess this engine up. lol.

sethron71

Authorized Vendor
Jul 19, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
www.SethIngham.com
Hey, Not sure about the whole injector thing you got going on. Mine I did not put a resistor in and am running low impedience 550's. I only started the car and did not drive it but I got it to idle at 700RPM perfectly and also have good throttle response. Do exactly as the manual says. I am running the same setup MS wise and all the same sensors. Big thing is make sure you have the trigger wheel wiring the right way. I fought it like crazy such a bitch. But it is super clean with the fully custom wiring harness!

As for auto tune I would not trust it, as you mentioned I would use it for off boost but then play real safe timing and A/F wise for your first boost. There is a program called Mega Tunix which is supposed to be a lot more friendly to tune with plus it allows you to make a custom dash to watch your gauges on the computer screen!

Quick vid of my initial fire up:

HTH,
Seth

williamb82

Apr 24, 2005
Tampa, Fl.
the wiring for the edis is so simple its ridiculous. then again i do component level troubleshooting on tv's and crap and have my as in electronics so maybe thats why i think its so simple. lol. all i know is i havent tuned with this before and want to learn, and not the hard way either. lol.

sethron71

Authorized Vendor
Jul 19, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
www.SethIngham.com
Yea I am not an electronics expert by any means. It is just that the colors do not correspond and as well the signal is just slightly different either way. So if it won't fire or only spiratically has timing, switch the wires...lol

Seth

williamb82

Apr 24, 2005
Tampa, Fl.
sethron71;975181 said:
Yea I am not an electronics expert by any means. It is just that the colors do not correspond and as well the signal is just slightly different either way. So if it won't fire or only spiratically has timing, switch the wires...lol

Seth

i never go by wire color. i go by pin location. i dont trust just looking for the correct color wire. i start at the correct connector and pin always. sounds like a pain but it isnt. im no expert at electronics but reading a schematic and wiring things up is a walk in the park for me. lol. ive been installing car stereos since i was like 12 years old and building my electric remote control cars prolly just as long or longer etc... always been the type to take shit apart and fuck with it. lol. mom got pissed alot cause id take shit apart that wasnt evne broke just cause i was bored. lol.