Megan Racing FPR

After reading the post on XS copy VS Aeromotives FPR,
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59563&highlight=aeromotive+FPR
it had me curious on what my Megan Racing FPR looked like inside. After taking it apart, It looked totally different that the XS and the Aeromotives FPR.
My real issue is that when I turn the engine off (or the FP), the fuel pressure drops to zero immediately. I pinched off the line between the FPR and the fuel rail and the pressure still drops, so I don't think it is a leaking injector. When I squeeze the line from the FPR to the return line, the pressure goes up a bit.
I am using the diagnostic block B+/FP with a jumper and the ignition turned on but the engine is not running.
I also swapped out my old fuel pump for a Walbro FP. Could I have gotten a bogus FP version that allows the pressure to drain back to the tank?
Any input on the Magen Racing FPR or Walbro FP is welcome as long is it is on the topic and not just a post whore abuse.:naughty:

Picture of bottom of diaphram and plates on the spring (large one is on the bottom against the white plastic diaphram (from the other side of it)
p846191_1.jpg

Picture of the top of the diaphram as well as the plates showing the surface that touches the spring.
p846191_2.jpg

Picture of the spring sideways. It lookes to be made of chrome steal.
p846191_3.jpg

I did not try to hard to remove that 5 hole disk that connects to the bottom out of the FPR, I was unsure if it comes out or is pressed in. The fuel seems to come in by a side inlet and then up through the 4 holes around the outside of that disk and then through the center hole which sits against the plastic diaphram and brass plate and spring (you get the idea I hope)

marc3

canadian blood
Jul 19, 2006
quebec,canada
you could also have a defective check valve in your intank fuel pump. you say you have a walbro? i assume they have a check valve!!
we'll talk about this friday!!

marc3 said:
you could also have a defective check valve in your intank fuel pump. you say you have a walbro? i assume they have a check valve!!
we'll talk about this friday!!
Hey Marc,
That was my assumption also, that the Walbro has a check valve. I believe I got it from George, but I am not sure. It could have been another member, but the unit was new with all the hoses and clips. Is there a specific version for the Supra vs a universal version that does not have the check valve?
See ya Friday!