Mechanical control of sequential on CT20s

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
I talked to a few people about this already, and got mixed answers. The goal is to install the Aristo CT20s on my 1jz, and still control the sequential operation of them. I recieved everything I need to do it electronically, but some parts are broken (VSV) and from what I hear, peacing it all back together is a PITA. Looking at the sequential setup on the twins, it appears that they are actuated by an internal wastegate looking object, only electronically controlled with the VSVs. Would it be possible and plausable to attempt to use the wastegates from my JZA70 ct12s to open the flappers?

And yes, I know that TTC would be cheap and easy, I do not mind a challenge and faster spool is always a good thing. I will be aiming at ~16psi on the street.

I will be running my engine off of an Aristo ECU, so it still may be possible to enable electric opperation.

Your thoughts on this would be much appreciated, thank you in advance.

annoyingrob

Boosted member
Jul 5, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Go for it. It's not THAT complicated. The only difference is that the 2nd turbo will come online based on a determined pressure set by the wastegate controlling the exhaust flow, as opposed to an RPM based signal from the engine.

Alternatively, you could still use the original VSV, and install a really small spring in the wastegate (like 2psi)

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
As I was pulling the twins, I realized that there is no bridge in the manifold, no way for the exhaust gas to go to the other turbo. Plan is a no go. Lock this down.

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
annoyingrob;1105093 said:
Then make a bridge :)

Easier said than done, I don't have a welder. I was going to do this as an out of the box alternative to going single, but seing how I just ordered a wastegate and oil lines for the single, I will be doing that instead.