Maximizing tax returns

The1

Too poor to be here..:(
May 24, 2007
Austin, TX
Well, it's tax season again and jetjock really had me thinking about how to maximize my return with one sentence

jetjock;898930 said:
Lol. Anyone who would let the gum'mint keep their money for an entire year interest free has a lot to learn about paying taxes...

Now I for one know that I have a lot to learn about taxes and now finding myself in a volatile situation, I need to make the most of this return. Anyone know any tips, tricks, advice (all legal of course) to help me with this learning process and hopefully be able to use it the rest of my time paying taxes...

Joey

bluepearl

Jul 21, 2005
pa.
jetjock is way right. One very easy thing you can do is claim more dependants. It's like getting a raise, but remember, small refund/money owed at tax time. Don't give the goverment interest free money.

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
You would do the same as if you had a home mortgage without an escrow account. Beware, if you don't have the control to actually save the money, don't do it as you may be in trouble once you have to file your income tax and find yourself owing money instead of getting a refund.

Right now is too late for you to do that for 07 obviously, but if you are married, get yourself a lover and you can claim her in your taxes as an expense...

(I do not take responsibiliy for your actions or anyone's action and/or outcome from your marriage if they follow the advice above :biglaugh:)

Supra Blues

Virgin Booster
Mar 30, 2005
Supramania
The1;898953 said:
Well, it's tax season again and jetjock really had me thinking about how to maximize my return with one sentence

Now I for one know that I have a lot to learn about taxes and now finding myself in a volatile situation, I need to make the most of this return. Anyone know any tips, tricks, advice (all legal of course) to help me with this learning process and hopefully be able to use it the rest of my time paying taxes...

Joey

In order to help you must provide more info.

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
^ I.E. SS#, major credit card w/ numbers and exp dates, checking/savings account info.... :icon_razz

I'm also curious as to how I can get more moneyz. After seeing my W2s I'm sure glad I'll have a baby and a mortgage next year.

The1

May 24, 2007
Austin, TX
suprahero;899810 said:
Do like I do...............Cheat 'em every chance you get.

Been trying too but the daggum gubmint is always one step ahead of me...:nono:

lol

The1

May 24, 2007
Austin, TX
Don't I know it man....
I'm just at the point where I wanna go to those "shadetree" (lmbo) tax service. But I just remember when this guy was doing people taxes at work at they were getting like 9k back. About a month later, most were audited, but still. :nono: I figure. I'm the only one working, got a wife and a ankle biter, and just an all around good guy.
I'm trying to be patient and wait on my school stuff, but things are just piling up. :dunno:

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Yeah, 9000.00 throws up a red flag and that's an automatic audit. I have H&R Block do mine simply for the fact that I feel I'm less likely to be audited and if I am, I'll have a little bit of representation. I cheat em as much as I dare without getting too deep that I couldn't get out of it if they audited me. Good luck with yours